Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
$5......How did I do?

Posted by brodyjames 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 17, 11 at 11:58

Went to my local farmers market yesterday and found this guy for $5! He's about a foot tall. I couldn't stop smiling the whole way home :)

Euphorbia mammillaris

Is he a Euphorbia mammillaris variegata?

TIA,
Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: $5......How did I do?

• Posted by ssk22 5/ohio (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 17, 11 at 12:01

Nancy,
I would say you got a really good deal. My local markets never throw a surprise like that in. Congrats!
Sharon

o

Im sorry you'll have to take it back. it was an accident, the real price was $50. Just return it and no question will be asked. Lol... wow! do they have any more?? :)

o

That's a great find!

He is probably Euphorbia fimbriata variegata, usually ID'd as E. mammillaris variegata. Search on "euphorbia fimbriata" here if you want all the gory details :)

-R

o

Nancy,

You done good there, lady. I almost had the name for you (but I wouldn't have had the specifics) but Robert took care of that for you. In case you're interested, that plant would have sold in the roughly $7-9 range at the SDCSS Show and Sale last month.

o

Thanks, everyone....it is so rare to find something "new and exotic" (for the Milwaukee area, anyways). It was love at first sight and instant gratification....no waiting for a postal delivery! :)

Hijole, they did in fact, have at least 3 more, one being planted in @ a 6 in. pot vs. my 3 inch one.

Robert, thanks for the clarification. I hope to see the pink coloration soon!

Jeff, Whew! I did do good then; saved myself a few bucks! A good thing, since I will be spending much more at the Chicago Botanic Gardens this Saturday. There will be a cactus and succulent sale going on. I scored a nice female E. obesa last year and hope to get her a boyfriend this time!

o

It is a piece of garbage and is ugly. YOu wasted your money. Forutnatley for you I take in unwanted ugle plants.

In all cereusnes that is a killer deal.

o

Marten,

You're right about it being ugly...it's so ugly that it's cute! (That can apply to plants as well as puppies, right?) I'm always drawn to the weirder looking things in life! :)

Nancy

o

Nancy,

If you run into Karen 715 there, give her a hug for me, if you would.

o

Will do!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here