Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Id please

Posted by 100mphtortoise Iowa (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 22, 12 at 13:49

I just got this and would like to know what it is ive already went on a wild goose chase online and theres nothing even close. Any help would be great thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Id please

Pic#2

o

Pic#3

o

Hi,

I don't know which but suggest it's a Euphorbia of some kind (not leuconeura, but maybe something like it).

If you haven't yet read up on Euphorbias & their sap which can sometimes be a skin irritant, I'd do so. Pls. wash carefully after handling, especially 'til you learn what it is. (Likely this bleeds white sap)

o

Thank you for the help pirate girl, I looked online for awhile but I think its going to be impossible to i.d this plant considering theres 300 generas with 7,500 species and 870 are regarded as succulents. I guess I will watch it learn what it likes and see what happens.

o

Looks like a Pachypodium to me but it's not a genus that I grow. Maybe someone else will chime in with a more specific answer.

o

• Posted by nil13 z21 Mount Washington (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 23, 12 at 20:34

I though pachypodium too when I first saw it. But I don't grow them either hanzrobo.

o

I could have sworn I posted to this somewhere. This is Euphorbia for sure. It may be E. viguieri or one of the cultivars of it. The spines are different than most viguieri I've seen in that they are singular and pronounced. There are many other Euphorbia that have this "look" of spines and a spiral stem. The picture is of my Euphorbia viguieri taken yesterday. It is self pollinating and easy to grow from seed as I currently have about 15 or more that recently germinated and several more on the way, not to mention 3 that should be flowerings soon... any takers??????

o

I knew I'd posted.... it was titled, "Madagascar Palm".

o

Sorry about the confusion bikerdoc.

o

Sorry about the confusion bikerdoc.

o

No confusion but here is another possibility: Euphorbia perrieri elongata

o

Thanks bikerdoc, I didnt think I was ever going to be able to I.d this plant, I did learn that its on the endangered list and I thought it was pretty cool to see my pics that I took of the plant on google with only a couple other ones, but im going to have to do alot of research on the plant because the web sites didnt have any temp,soil,light,watering info for it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here