Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Royal flush getting ready to flower!

Posted by DavidL.ca none (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 23, 14 at 14:16

So since I acquired this little guy it's been pushing out this flower bud while finishing up absorbing the old leaves, for some reason one side is absorbed almost completely one side is still not quite done.

Anyways, this is what the bud looks like today, do you think it's going to do the magic today? Maybe tomorrow?

This post was edited by DavidL.ca on Mon, Jul 28, 14 at 16:51

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Royal flush getting ready to flower!

Wow beautiful! :)

o

This is its progress today. I had to leave around 7, so I don't know if it opened even more after that. Hopefully get to see more tomorrow!

This post was edited by DavidL.ca on Sun, Jul 27, 14 at 0:25

o

Voila! I think this is as good as it gets~ Gave them some extra hours of artificial lights this morning

And now is bed time...

o

Beautiful! Love the colors in that one. Your plants all look nice :)

o

Thanks! I'm glad it opened nicely for me, was worried that it's not getting enough light..

o

Can you tell me what is under the stones at the top of the pot?

o

? Do you mean my potting mix?

o

I've had a few different mix. At first I could only do 50/50 cactus and succulent soil and perlite. I always put top dressing if I can to prevent the perlite from floating (also looks nice!)

But I've got my hands on some Turface recently and using some aquarium gravel to make something like this:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here