Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beachplants

Been pretty silent - but have to share Baby pics

Beachplants
10 years ago

Hi guys,

I have been not been too active lately, the last month have been an experience hard to relate, little sleep, lots of laughs and joy! Wonderful, exciting, and so on! Those with children will understand...

He is now a month old and I thought it good to share some pics for fun...2 weeks to just over a month now

{{gwi:586021}}

we call this the superman move!
{{gwi:586023}}

{{gwi:586025}}

ready for sleepy...
{{gwi:586026}}

He is starting to take interest in the world around him
{{gwi:586027}}

{{gwi:586028}}

Hope you enjoy! I promise not to do this again, but as you guys saw his development over the past 9 months, I think the first month pics can slip in for fun!

Cheers, Ryan

Comments (19)

• VGardenProject
    10 years ago

Oh what a happy healthy and pretty baby. Congraduations!

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

Oh what a sweetie!!!! Judging by all the clothes, it must be cold there. Have you got any gardening done?

I wondered when you would come up for air. I actually was fairly well rested during the first month. I was actually still developing photos in the darkroom while he napped. My lack of sleep came later, some much later....Some at 25 years. Enough of that . I think they should come out of mama at 9 months ready to walk , except mama would have a hard time passing that big head.

• VGardenProject
    10 years ago

Does it get cold in South Africa during winter?

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    10 years ago

Ryan,

Thanks for sharing the sprout - he's got little fingers and, I bet, little toes that look so like Fenestraria and Haw. maughnii, I'd reckon.

Mara,

Winter in South Africa, while quite not like Canada's, gets cold, especially those near the beach - those southern gales and all.

• Beachplants
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks VGraden.

Mara, we struggled with the change, as they bathed the babies in morning at hospital, we switched to night, but it takes a while, then we both got bronchitis (spelling), at the same time...and then the grandparents came for 3 weeks....busy, busy...

He is such a content little chap, very little issues really, no like bathing (or rather no like clothes being removed), but otherwise he is just asking for mom very 3-4 hours and all is good...

We are in winter and it is cold(ish) at the moment.

• VGardenProject
    10 years ago

I thought it was warm year round, thinking that zone 11 the winter dont drop below 40!

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

If it is like New Zealands North Island, It is Z 11 where my sister is and cold and damp and NO ONE there heats there homes. My sister's husband had a heated space heater seat that he got to sit on at the head of the dining room table. I got Stinkeye from him when I sat on it .

Both sick, bad news. I almost got turned into the parent police by the day care for not bathing my 1 1/2 year old and giving him clean clothes when we were both sick. It was all I could do to drive him across town to the daycare with my 103F temp.

This post was edited by wantonamara on Sat, Jul 20, 13 at 18:17

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    10 years ago

Ryan

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well & you are enjoying that precious baby boy.
    I am sure we were all wondering about you, and will enjoy photos as he grows.
    Before you know it, he will be crawling around...
    Rina

• kataclysm
    10 years ago

I'm super-new to the forum, but I just had to say...

What a total sweetie!

- Kat

• hanzrobo
    10 years ago

What a handsome and healthy baby boy! He'll be asking for the keys to your car in no time.

• Beachplants
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Jeff, yes we still have winter but we get to around 8 C, which is still cold enough. The strong winds of the ocean then can really make it seem a lot colder.

Mara - first time we both got sick at the same time, and having a newborn we had to keep an eye on his temps, but he only got a little runny nose, pheew, was relieved about that. We had my parents here too, so, had to keep them going as well. But we survived - hehe!

Thanks Rina, He is growing quickly, already had to toss some/most of the newborn clothes!

Thanks Kat. Appreciate it.

Ryan, he already has a girlfriend - she is 2 and he got his first kiss at 3 weeks, not bad! LOL!

• notolover
    10 years ago

What a beautiful baby, so glad you are enjoying every minute with him, they grow so fast.

Glad you're feeling better and thanks for showing us pictures.

• Beachplants
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, takes a little time to adjust to allow all involved some proper sleep, but we are getting better at it and he is getting better at it too...lol!

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    10 years ago

Great pix. That last pic looks like he's thinking, "Do they call those pointy things spines, thorns or modified leaves?"

tj

• Pagan
    10 years ago

Hmm...Interesting. And quite stunning. I have one of these succulents myself. I believe it is the only species known to require college education. Excellent job, parents.

Pagan

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    10 years ago

Ryan,

So when are we going to see him posed with a succulent? I know it's gilding the lily, one might think, but still, his adoring public would like to know.

• Laura Robichaud
    10 years ago

He's just precious!!

• Beachplants
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tj, those pointy things will give me a hard time in no time, I think..

Hehe, yeah, they need all that for sure, and well-balanced feeding, regularly...

When the horrible winds take a break he might do a pic with an Aloe, Jeff, which would be a nice growing ref for both...hehe.

Thanks Laura.

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

BP, BEST SUCCULENT ever!! Thanks for sharing the lil cutie's pix with us! LOVE that Superman imitation. One month already!??? Wow, time flies! Glad you're enjoying Daddyhood! We miss you on the forum, but you have a more important job to do. =)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz