Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
4 different succulents to sow..Mesembs maybe? Need help

Posted by danesnpits 2b (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 14:43

I attached a photo of the seeds I have on the way. First time sower of these succulents and would love to have any guidance, tips to be successful. If anyone has a step by step instruction link that contains type of soil used, light, fertilizers once they pop up, water requiremnts etc etc. I would be forever grateful. I am not sure if these are all mesembs though, so if there are different requirements for each species could you let me know? You guys are fantastic! Thank you so much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 4 different succulents to sow..Mesembs maybe? Need help

There are probably more sources out there containing greater detail, but try mesa gardens. Good luck!

-Ming

Here is a link that might be useful: Mesa gardens

o
RE: 4 different succulents to sow..Mesembs maybe? Need help

Use a sterile potting soil for these seeds. I recently got a similar mix on eBay and sowed them in a commercial cacti soil mix. They would sprout and look good for a couple of days then disappear. I assume it was damping off.

This post was edited by BoulderGrower on Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 19:06

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here