Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Community pot question

Posted by MsGreenFinger 8 Ireland (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 15:31

I am trying to plant my (not too many) succulents together. They need a repot anyway and I could manage waterings better this way. Question is, will they be okay?
-Aloe rauhii
-Cotyledon tomentosa
-Haworthia pentagona
-Pachyphytum oviferum
-Stapelia var.

They are the same size. I also have 3-4 rooted leaves of a bunny-ear cactus and the Pachyphytum.
Any input appreciated as I am a newbie in caring for succulents. Thanks
MsGF

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Community pot question

Hi MsGF,

I could be wrong, but I believe that haworthias are summer dormant, so they won't do well in a pot with aloes. Also, the bunny ears, being an opuntia, will probably take over a pot, so it is usually best to plant that by itself. Others will chime in soon to add their 2 cents.

Nancy

o
RE: Community pot question

Nancy,

Canada phased out pennies here two years ago, so I can't add that any more.

MGF,

If you take it easy on the watering in the summer, and have the pot in some shade, all those, with the exception of the Opuntia (it's as voracious as Nancy says), will grow together, but as said, Haworthias, even the easy one you have, are more choosy than the others. Aloe rauhii I think is from Madagascar, and as the rest of them are from South Africa, will have slightly different cultural requirements, but not so much that they'd be terrible to grow together.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here