Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hijole

No Wonder All I can See is Cactus:

hijole
11 years ago

Jessica, thank you for thinking about me , as far as to send me the shades, thank you girl.

Josh, (greenman), get ready, get ready! Because here they come along with the Agave, FINALLY... LOL...

Hijole AKA, Greg

Comments (54)

• hijole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Styling', kinda like this dude huh. LOL... I know this is s little funny but hey what da heck . For all the cacti & succulent lovers its worth it.

Ok guys :D

Greg

• hijole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Styling', kinda like this dude huh. LOL... I know this is s little funny but hey what da heck . For all the cacti & succulent lovers its worth it.

Ok guys :D

Greg

{{!gwi}}

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

lol

:P do you have more pics of that blue cereus thing that is touching your ear in the first pic ?

• hijole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Micro, I'll send a couple more of this type, I can see your completely hooked because you have a lot if the same cravings as an addict of cacti & succulents. It's a good addiction though so no worries.

Greg

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    11 years ago

Looking good my man. You make them look good.
    I am always amazed by your plant collection.
    Just take came of those sans, ha.

Also I am still giving away some of the seedlings from my Cereus peruvianus. Give me a month or two. Thay are now the size of a dime.

• hijole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Micro, here's another one kiddo, not to bad for the blues huh?

Greg

• hijole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ok this is the last one of the blues brothers,

Hey good morning Stush, had any coffee yet? And thanks for the offer.

Greg

• pennyhal
    11 years ago

Oh gosh! Handsome men and beautiful plants! Great photos!

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    11 years ago

Nice tie! Bear looks worried--by all the spines? :)

• hijole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hoovb, thanks bro, and that bear does appear out of his zone a little timid looking.

Pennyhal, umm... The bear or me LOL... Jk.

Greg

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    11 years ago

Hey, my man, you are lookin' sharp! :-)

Josh

11 years ago

Sam the Sham, wooly bully!!

• hijole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lol... Stush, yeah man I remember that jam and as soon as I read it an ear to ear smile suddenly appeared :)

What you up to this 4th of July besides listening to Art labou Olddies but goodies .

Greg

11 years ago

I'm still watchin for Litter Red,
    Big Bad Wolf

• hijole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OK, How about "Twist and Shout!! Hey Now!!!

Or " Do the Twist." Like we did last Summer...

How many out there can relate to that one?

Greg

11 years ago

On my car radio, I keep it posted to the 50's. There where never any better music.

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

If you think there will never be any better music, youve never listened to coldplay

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    11 years ago

Zech,

I don't imagine Coldplay's on Stush's playlist, but you might be interested to know that your observation is right on the money and repeated generationally. It's as real as the day is long.

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

True that ... what you grow up on is what you will like, and listen to for the rest of your life ... i grew up on coldplay so thats what i like ... when i was very little my dad used to play 80's music aloud on the computer, so i kinda like 80's too (pat benatar and berlin!) Im just happy i didnt grow up on that terrible "music" known as rap

• hijole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Micro, I like all music as long as it sounds good , music can carry you to locations and set atmospheres, what kind? Any kind one desires. And we get to choose, I hear that plants also like music too, so I know mine at least listen to the blue birds and the mocking birds rocking out all night long.

Greg

11 years ago

Brutal Pagan Folk Metal. The Heavier, the better ;-)

Josh

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

You guys are way too funny!

Very nice Greg.lol

Mike

• hijole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Josh, Are we talking Head banging music? Thats one type I have to really brace myself to listen too, and I have to say that I have to try hard to keep listening too Heavy Metal sound.

Josh, So I get to work and they tell me No more shipping out stuff from our parts dept. except to our customers, So Now I have the glasses and Agave in a box but have to take it to the post office tomorow.

O.M.G can I get a break here, LOL...

O well one more day, its fresh outta the soil so it will be fine.

Greg

11 years ago

Ok now. The best bar none is Johny Cash. End of discussion.
    But hey, I do listen to all types of music and there is some rap i like also. But dawn gone it, Just can't do better than old Johny.
    Stush

• hijole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Stush, Johnny Cash had some talent but I doubt Micro knows about him or even heard of emm, Or have you Zech?

Hey how about Brenton Wood? this is just a joke but here goes, Elvis Presley hahahah...

Hey has it been HOT!!! these past two days or what? Yesterday it was around 94. degrees and today it's hot too.

Greg

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

You think i havent heard about Johnny cash ? Hahaha, well i do :) hes one of the people my dad played on the computer when i was young!

Have you experienced the hot summer joshua tree temperatures? It was about 113 and i was looking at ferocacti, mammillaria, echinocereus and opuntia ... it was hot but it was worth it seeing the beautiful cacti in the wild :) and the mammillaria were in bloom

11 years ago

Hey, Mike! :-D

Thanks again, Greg! I'll let you know as soon as the box arrives!

Greg, not so much the headbanging stuff....more of the melodic, melancholic variety.....
    Russian, Danish, Norwegian songs that create an atmosphere of bygone days and depressing ice-scapes.
    But always with that heavy sound...I'll link a video to give you a taste. The band Storm is one
    of my favorites, and this traditional Norwegian song works perfectly when electrified ;-)

Johnny Cash has a couple songs that I don't mind. He did a great cover of "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails -
    infact, I prefer Cash's version. Micro, ever heard of Nine Inch Nails?

Josh

Here is a link that might be useful: Storm - Mellom Bakkar Og Berg!

• 100mphtortoise
    11 years ago

N.i.N is good have you ever seen them in concert I think they put on one of the best concerts ive ever seen and ive been to a few.

11 years ago

Josh,
    Love that 'Storm' song. Reminds me of my drinking days with some of the not so nice people of the 'Rocks'. I can imagine drinking from a large stein and singing along. Ha Ha. Thanks for the memories.

11 years ago

My pleasure, Stush!
    I like to get the blood going when I listen to music :-)

Josh

• hijole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Myer mike , what's up sorry I blew past your post I didn't even stop at the light yeah these guys are a bunch of Rascals alright and I bet some think , hey this has nothing to do with plants, Huuh!... Boy o' boy it sure does . So just what kinda plants is the question, Hijole! Never mind.

Josh, that music is something I'm not familiar with sounds like something out of a rocky horror gig or something but that's cool, I haven't had enough time to sit down and listen to it enough yet and that's why I haven't made a comment yet, but sounds like you perked up stush for sure lol...

I'll get back as far as a comment on the tunes but on a good note your glases and Agave should be there today so bust it open quick because I kinda stuffed.that Agave in there tight and I'm sure he will be ready to stretch a bit.

Well the weekend is here so have a great one everyone and do something wild! Not to wild though Stush ok.

Greg

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    11 years ago

This youtube seems appropriate to the eyeglass journey and the music discussion...enjoy! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: I've been everywhere, man!

• hijole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hoovb, Ok, I just heard that and felt like yelling out a LOUD Yee Haw!!! Thats a Good O'l boy song pho Sho. lol...

greg

• hijole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Josh, I just heard your tune of choice and I think I know why It wasnt hitting the right note for me, as I was reading the comments It mentions that wine is almost always required when listening to this type of ahhh songs... Maybe a bottle of Mad Dog, What do you think Stush? Lol ... It's all good though.

Good Lord it's Hot outside and Humid but alot of things are Popping in the garden so let it be hot.

Greg

11 years ago

Hey, Greg! Maybe a flagon of mead or ale! ;-)

The shades and the agave arrived in sound condition....a bit overheated, but not too bad!
    Thankfully I was home a bit early, so the plant didn't bake in the mailbox for very long.
    Thank you again, Señor!

Josh

• hijole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Josh, Hey I cant wait to see your cactus photo shoot.

Well I'm glad you were around to rescue the agave from this heat especially in the box boy he was glad to see you I bet, Anyway hope it becomes big and healthy for you and enjoy it.

Greg

11 years ago

Remember great music is best enjoyed with good friends. My memories came from the friends I was with at the time. Some day I wish we all came come together and have a memory. Man we will need a concert hall.
    Stush

11 years ago

Mr. Johnny Cash and I were both radio intercept operators - can you believe it?

Josh, where are they going next? I know that first we need to see how good you look in them, but I'm trying to arrange a January 2013 appt. and could you help a brother out?

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

I know im somewhere on the list but im sure there is some before me

11 years ago

Zech,

You got to suffer if you want to play the blues, so yes, you're correct.

• hijole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another shot looking through my glasses, I'm sorry I mean OUR glasses LOL...

Greg

• hijole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another shot looking through my glasses, I'm sorry I mean OUR glasses LOL...

Greg

{{!gwi}}

11 years ago

Shot glasses? Count me in.

Nice shot of an Agave ranch - where's Hoss?

11 years ago

Hey, guys (and gals?)!

Sorry for the delay....had to attend a wedding last weekend, and work has kept
    me busy and exhausted by the time I get home. But never fear, a picture shall be coming.

Josh

11 years ago

Good morning, Greg and friends!

Well, it's already 100ðF on this very sunny Sunday...! Thank goodness for these shades ;-D

{{gwi:587253}}

• hijole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Josh, Good morning to you too, well it may be alittle late now so good afternoon, hey man those glasses were made just for you my friend cause you look like your stylin brother.

Hey I also like the sincerery you have there too, is that a view from your place? If it is it sure is a nice one.

So which direction will these shades find themselves going too from here? Or is it going to be a surprize!

I'm sure everyone likes surprizes, So you can wear them for a while, and then you'll know why all you can see are cactuses too.

Greg

• hijole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

josh, Lol... Scenery, I like the scenery you have Not the sin ery,Hahah.

Boy sounds Hot there too cause it's been El Scorcho here too in the 100's a little cooler today but not much. O well have a bright day out dare my friend.

Greg

11 years ago

Thanks, Greg!

It is a bit cooler today...but it comes with a cost - much higher humidity.
    I'm used to dealing with humidity in the 15% - 30% range during the Summer,
    but last night we had fantastic lightning and thunderstorms, culminating with a
    heavy downpour of rain in the early morning. Around 10am, another cloud opened and soaked me
    where I was working in the cornfield (spreading fertilizer). I was already drenched in sweat,
    and the humidity just sky-rocketed from there.

Anyhow, it's about 94ðF now.....I slipped out of work a little after 1:00 to avoid the sickening
    heat that begins to rise right about this time of day and just bakes us on through 6 - 7:00.

Thanks for the compliments on the scenery ;-) Yessir, that's the backyard...overlooking
    my garden, my grapevines, my grove of Black Bamboo. At the house, there's shade under the
    Blue Oaks, so it's a little easier to keep the garden green.

Josh

• hijole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OK, I just want to know one thing today No big deal I'm just currious. And the question is which direction are these shades headed, East, West, South or North-er ?

North-er cuz there already up in Northen Sierra Nevadas. So Josh give us a clue and tell us please.

Greg

11 years ago

Haven't sent them off yet....it's going to be a surprise!

Josh

Sponsored
Craftsman Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Home Builder 3x Best of Houzz Award Winner