Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sradleye

retailer advice?

sradleye
10 years ago

anybody have a recommendation for online stores. i am specifically looking for small terra cotta pots, under 4 inches and succulents. can never find anything less than 4 inches at the bbs. thanks

Comments (14)

• sradleye
    Original Author
    10 years ago

apparantly craft stores a gold mine for tiny clay pots. still curious where people like to order plants from online.

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    10 years ago

Miles2Go
    Starr Nursery
    Arid Lands
    Shoal Creek Succulents

Those four, for a start, will deplete your wallet nicely while adding immensely to your collection. Don't know about the pots, however.

This post was edited by cactusmcharris on Tue, Jul 23, 13 at 22:13

• maark23 TX/8a
    10 years ago

You can also try Corona cactus nursery

• sradleye
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks I will check them out. yesterday I went to what I think is chain craft store "Michael's" had a large selection of small clay pots and the annoyed/confused cashier told me they stock them year round. so hopefully I will be good on the pots.

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    10 years ago

In addition to the great vendors already mentioned, here are three more you might like. Tina at Succulent Garden is a wonderful, warm-hearted person! Craig and Denise at C and D have always been good to me. And Steven at Mesa... well, he is just wonderful, IMHO.

http://www.succulents.us/

http://www.canddplants.com/

http://www.mesagarden.com/

• laura1
    10 years ago

i got some squatty clay pots from a vendor at a Cactus and succulent so. She catered to orchid people just happened that some of her stuff was good for us guys too. So you might want to give orchid supply a try.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

Beautifully grown agaves from Star nursery. They came small with mammoth root systems that have overtaken larger agaves. He has a good book on agaves out too. I just bought a bunch of agaves from Plantdelights nursery. I grow stuff more outdoors than inside so my choices are for that kind of thing.

Thankyou for posting this thread. It made me go and visit Yuccado's sight since I have not been there lately. They have expanded their cactus section and have included many that are hardy to my zone. . They are in a drivable range so I feel a triop coming on.

Here is a link that might be useful: Yuccado

• paul_
    10 years ago

Being that clay pots are heavy and therefore expensive to ship, I wouldn't bother ordering any of those online unless you are getting something really special.

As previously mentioned, for small terra cotta pots, craft stores like Michaels and JoAnn Fabrics always have them on hand.

And as far as plants go, imagine The Root System would also be worth taking a gander at -- assuming they've finished their website.

This post was edited by paul_ on Wed, Jul 24, 13 at 17:20

• CactusN00b
    10 years ago

I found that some Walmarts have clay pots in their garden centers as well. I just got a few 2" pots (28 cents) there for less than half the price JoAnn Fabrics sells them (59 cents).

I get my larger standard clay pots from Old Time Pottery, if you have one near by. I think they are currently 40% off too.

Neither sells pots online, however.

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    10 years ago

Unfortunately, the gentleman who was building The Stone System's website died and John hasn't got things up and running. Having said that, I'm reasonably confident if you have a specific plant(s) in mind, email him and he probably could send them out given he has what you want.... Is all of this good grammar?????

• hanzrobo
    10 years ago

All great suggestions!

Howard, I'm not sure about grammar but it's very worthwhile to take a look at Hammer.

sphaeroidinstitute.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Sphaeroid Institute

• raylynn2
    10 years ago

I found really small terra cotta puts at the dollar store :) 3 for a dollar!

• kataclysm
    10 years ago

I get my terra cotta pots at Michael's as well.

I had a great online succulent-buying experience on Etsy recently, picked up a HUGE variegated jade cutting from a guy called Daniel whose shop is also called The Succulent Garden (I guess it is a store name that springs to mind easily!): https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheSucculentGarden

He seems to mostly sell small cuttings as wedding favors, but my cutting was really quite large. He also sells small rooted plants.

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    10 years ago

Ryan, cute play.... I like!