Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hijole

Pictures of a Nursery I visited today in New Port beach:

hijole
9 years ago

Ahh... This is so beautiful and creative. I'll be posting some nice pictures of eye candie just for you all to enjoy today and maybe you'll even be inspired as I was. It was a beautiful day so the wife & I came out to the beach and stopped at "Rogers garden"

Greg

Comments (24)

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

As amazing as these look so are the prices. This one was going for $1,299. I thought to myself, ok I'll take 2 lol..

Greg

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Anyone need a napkin yet for drooling :) 0r is it just me?

Greg

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

How about $299. + tax ?

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sweet...

• DavidL.ca
    9 years ago

Wow, wish I can come across a nursery like that. Most of them here have zero to very little succulent collections.

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

David, where abouts are you in California, this nursery is in New port beach, ca. And they have all sorts of nice stuff, it might be worth the drive one day.

Greg

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    9 years ago

ca. as Canada, not California, Greg...

• kathi_mdgd
    9 years ago

Greg,i don't need a napkin,i need a towel i'm drooling so much..Those are absolutely AWESOME!!!

Whoever put those together sure has an eye for color and textures.In that 2nd picture are those grey plants with the pink edges and getting ready to bloom pink flowers,are those Graptopetalums(sp)?? I have one of those that has 3 heads or whatever they are called and is also getting ready to bloom.It's one of my favs.
    Thanks for sharing those,i'll have to go back again and again to have another look.
    Kathi

• DavidL.ca
    9 years ago

Haha Rina we'll encounter this quite a bit here I think! Yeah in this case, unfortunately I don't live in .ca for California!

• Laura Robichaud
    9 years ago

Love to see fabulously grown plants! Thanks for sharing!

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Laura, fabulously grown indeed, I notice that cacti & succulents love the climate at the beach, seems like all the plants know where their at.

Greg

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Heres another nice arrangement, I believe the tall plant with the greenish grey leafs is an olive tree sprout, they had some Olive trees mixed with alot of cacti & succulents and I guess they would be comparable growers.

Greg

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    9 years ago

David-
    easy to fix...change your profile-add zone/location after your name...

Greg-
    nice arrangements, keep posting if you have more photos, good inspiration...Rina

• DavidL.ca
    9 years ago

Cool! Done :D

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ok, ok Ca. It was a lill typo error but I can fix it with this short phrase " Going back to Cali, Cali.. Going back to Cali Lol..

Enjoy the eye candie, I think that's what I should of named this post anyway.

Greg

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    9 years ago

Thank you Greg,
    I didn't know it we where back at your house or at the nursery. Eye candy indeed.
    Stush

• Misselle
    9 years ago

Amazing greg! I haven't found anything even close to that here :(
    I'm wondering if someone can ID the little varigated number in the fifth pic for me, I want one lol!

• bob61
    9 years ago

Beautiful place Greg. Nothing like that around here. I believe that is Agave Creme Brulee in the last picture.

Bob

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is one of my favorites in the agave family. I really enjoy just walking around this place because it stirs my creative ability. I hope you guys enjoyed the pictures, have a good day.

Misselle, thank you, I believe the one your asking about is the Aeonium sunburst.

Greg

• Min3 South S.F. Bay CA
    9 years ago

newbie question: when you see a gorgeous bunch of different succulents crowded together for sale in a pot, how do you know they weren't all crammed in there JUST YESTERDAY- and is that bad? isn't that kind of false advertising? wouldn't some people buy it under the impression that they would stay looking like that? thanks, min

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi min 3 , I don't know about false advertising but it sure looks good and wet a while you can propagate and start another pot of plants and another and another...
    I've bought many and after time repot.

Greg

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    9 years ago

it's like any other display -
    -clothing with all the 'right' pieces & accessories that you may not want/to be able/interested to buy...
    -furniture, again with all the right accessories...
    -you buy just one or very few-and it doesn't look the same!
    But it's great for ideas/inspiration, and definitely helps the sales. And you just may be able to replicate over time...

• Min3 South S.F. Bay CA
    9 years ago

greg- your answer makes very good sense. rina- i love your comparisons and the point about inspiration! many thanks to both of you. min

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

What a nice color for a back drop, any cacti or succulent would fair well next to this color.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting