Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Huntington Show Pics (a lot of pics)

Posted by Moosetrackz 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 2, 12 at 17:27

The show was great. Here are some pictures for those of you who couldn't make it.

DSC03826

DSC03852

DSC03863

DSC03825
SO fuzzy!

DSC03856

DSC03858

DSC03870

DSC03871
DSC03872
What a beauty!

DSC03833

DSC03845
One of my favoritez. I'm gonna have to look on ebay for one for myself!

DSC03831

DSC03839

DSC03814

DSC03817
LOVE the pot this ones in.

DSC03738

DSC03803

DSC03782

DSC03795

DSC03785
Jelly Beans!

DSC03775
This one has the most awesome flowers.

DSC03772

DSC03763

DSC03750

DSC03735
The middle one is my favorite. How do they keep it so perfectly round like that? What kind of pot is under all that? How do they move it without breaking it?

Hope you all liked the pictures. Sorry I didnt get the names of the plants. I should have paid more attention.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Huntington Show Pics (a lot of pics)

Moosetrackz,
Thanks for sharing, lots of interesting and beautiful plants! In your last photo, what is that plant in the middle (the one you say is your favorite)? I don't think I've ever seen one of those before... whatever it is. ;)

Planto

o

I'm pretty new to succulents/cactus so I have no idea what that is. I've seen it before in other peoples pictures from shows and was so excited to see it in-person. Its so awesome looking. I wish I could have touched it to see what it felt like but they frown on that at shows lol

o

Moosetrackz,
It's very intriguing looking. I would've wanted to touch it too.

Planto

o

Could it be a Abromeitiella brevifolia?

I REALLY like the haworthia Truncata clump c: i have one but its like, 2 inches long ...

I also like the Hoodia and the pachypodium brevicaule :)

o

More plants from the show (try not to copy too many of the same ones)...

Stenocactus multicostatus
Photobucket

Astrophytym myriostigma variety Fukuryn Green
Photobucket

Eulychnia (monstrose)- coolest cacti ever...
Photobucket

Agave victoriae-reginae var Himeasanoyuki (show winner)
Photobucket

Pseudolithos cubiformis
Photobucket

Euphorbia gottlebei
Photobucket

Aloe peasonii (show winner)
Photobucket

Euphorbia fusca
Photobucket

Dudleya gregoriana (reportedly a newly described species)
Photobucket

Fockea edulis variegated
Photobucket

Haworthia Dave Grigsby
Photobucket

Leuchtenbergia principes (hugest specimen I have ever seen)- show winner
Photobucket

Ariocarpus retusus crest
Photobucket

Aloe erinacea (huge for this species)
Photobucket

Agave Kickosan
Photobucket

Pachypodium eburneum (ok, this was a repeat from above.. .but never seen one in flower before)
Photobucket

Aeonium goochiae (pretty rare species)
Photobucket

o

Oooh the is the coolest cactus ever!

And th think that same aloe won the jurupa valley show.

o

Nice pictures!

You have a much better camera than me. Love them! Thanks for adding them.

o

Jelly beans indeed! My God, is that honestly a giant clump of H. cooperi var. truncata? Holy snot, that's amazing. I cannot imagine how gorgeous that would be with back light. I'd be the happiest lady on Earth if I were to own a glowing Haw clump that large. And the Dyckia, phew, so pretty; want so much!

No wonder Aloe peasonii wins the show.

Love the pictures. I truly appreciate the effort of you guys taking and uploading the shots for those of us who can't be at these shows.

o

Absolutely magnificent photos and plants. Inspiring me to greater things.

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 3, 12 at 16:03

Great photos guys, thanks!!

o

Hey, but they didn't have the Eulychnia castanea fa. spiralis in bloom which I have right now!

Jordi

Here is a link that might be useful: Spiral

o

wow.. that is way cool!

o

Wow. all I can say. I am keeping this for future refference. Wow and thanks guys.

o

Great photos, thanks for sharing!!

One of these days I got to get down there....

o
Moose/planto

RE: ID, middle plant in the last picture looks like Deuterocohnia brevifolia?

o

My word. Now I need to pick up my jaw from the floor so I can hyperventilate into a paper bag.

o

Very, very, very nice. Thanks for taking the time to post these.

tj

o

Alkosa, yes, you got the name correctly on that plant. Microthrix also ID'd it with its old name (the one I'm used to seeing), Abromeitiella brevifolia.

That was truly a mass of amazing specimen plants last year!! I must make a note to try to make the Huntington's annual July Show & sale this time. (Reggie, should we make a plan??!!??)

I missed this post last year, & didn't see Jordi's fantastic Eulychnia castanea fa. spiralis blooming till now!! Wow! Have not seen one before!!

Thanks to Moosetrackz & Lzrddr for posting all the pix from that 2012 show! What a treat!

o

theres a show at the huntington on the 28th of this month. im going to that one if anyone else wants to go :D

o

Moosetrackz, what is the 11th photo down??? I have one like it that I am trying to ID.

o

I don't know if I could make it this month, Zeck, as we're scheduled to install a block wall.

Mara, I don't think Moosetrackz/Dani has been posting to this forum since Jul of last year. Not sure GW had the checkbox for replies in place back then...but they could be lurking. =)

Unfortunately, I don't know what that one is, but a guess is Eriosyce occulta (it has more wool or ? than I would expect for this one though).

o

Incredible. Jordy that flowering Eulychnia castanea fa. spiralis!!!! Wowsa. I have never seen one in bloom before. Thanks for linking to that! I have the CSSA Show and Sale in my calendar already Rosemarie!! Would love to have company. I have it for JUNE 29th.

o

Thank you rosemarie. IT got me on the right family and I think I have an ID for a cactus I was looking for.

This post was edited by wantonamara on Thu, Apr 18, 13 at 23:04

o

tthe 11th one down is Coopiapoa tenuissima monstrose

o

Good catch, Zeck!! Yay! That's it! I was in too much of a hurry. Couldn't find a specimen from past flower shows with a name. That one was in part of my brain with no retrieval option. Ha!

Copiapoa tenuissima forma monstruosa it is (I think)! I am not sure if there is variability of the spines (having vs. not), though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Copiapoa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here