Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moosetrackz

Huntington Show Pics (a lot of pics)

Moosetrackz
11 years ago

The show was great. Here are some pictures for those of you who couldn't make it.

{{gwi:589037}}

{{gwi:589039}}

{{gwi:589041}}

{{gwi:589043}}

SO fuzzy!

{{gwi:589044}}

{{gwi:589045}}

{{gwi:589046}}

{{gwi:589047}}

{{gwi:589048}}

What a beauty!

{{gwi:589049}}

{{gwi:589050}}

One of my favoritez. I'm gonna have to look on ebay for one for myself!

{{gwi:589051}}

{{gwi:589052}}

{{gwi:589054}}

{{gwi:589055}}

LOVE the pot this ones in.

Jelly Beans!

This one has the most awesome flowers.

The middle one is my favorite. How do they keep it so perfectly round like that? What kind of pot is under all that? How do they move it without breaking it?

Hope you all liked the pictures. Sorry I didnt get the names of the plants. I should have paid more attention.

Comments (25)

• plantomaniac08
    11 years ago

Moosetrackz,
    Thanks for sharing, lots of interesting and beautiful plants! In your last photo, what is that plant in the middle (the one you say is your favorite)? I don't think I've ever seen one of those before... whatever it is. ;)

Planto

• Moosetrackz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm pretty new to succulents/cactus so I have no idea what that is. I've seen it before in other peoples pictures from shows and was so excited to see it in-person. Its so awesome looking. I wish I could have touched it to see what it felt like but they frown on that at shows lol

• plantomaniac08
    11 years ago

Moosetrackz,
    It's very intriguing looking. I would've wanted to touch it too.

Planto

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

Could it be a Abromeitiella brevifolia?

I REALLY like the haworthia Truncata clump c: i have one but its like, 2 inches long ...

I also like the Hoodia and the pachypodium brevicaule :)

• lzrddr
    11 years ago

More plants from the show (try not to copy too many of the same ones)...

Stenocactus multicostatus
    {{gwi:589066}}

Astrophytym myriostigma variety Fukuryn Green
    {{gwi:589067}}

Eulychnia (monstrose)- coolest cacti ever...
    {{gwi:589068}}

Agave victoriae-reginae var Himeasanoyuki (show winner)
    {{gwi:589069}}

Pseudolithos cubiformis
    {{gwi:589070}}

Euphorbia gottlebei
    {{gwi:589071}}

Aloe peasonii (show winner)
    {{gwi:589072}}

Euphorbia fusca
    {{gwi:589073}}

Dudleya gregoriana (reportedly a newly described species)
    {{gwi:589074}}

Fockea edulis variegated
    {{gwi:589075}}

Haworthia Dave Grigsby
    {{gwi:589077}}

Leuchtenbergia principes (hugest specimen I have ever seen)- show winner
    {{gwi:589079}}

Ariocarpus retusus crest
    {{gwi:589080}}

Aloe erinacea (huge for this species)
    {{gwi:589083}}

Agave Kickosan
    {{gwi:589085}}

Pachypodium eburneum (ok, this was a repeat from above.. .but never seen one in flower before)

Aeonium goochiae (pretty rare species)

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

Oooh the is the coolest cactus ever!

And th think that same aloe won the jurupa valley show.

• Moosetrackz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nice pictures!

You have a much better camera than me. Love them! Thanks for adding them.

• Colleen E
    11 years ago

Jelly beans indeed! My God, is that honestly a giant clump of H. cooperi var. truncata? Holy snot, that's amazing. I cannot imagine how gorgeous that would be with back light. I'd be the happiest lady on Earth if I were to own a glowing Haw clump that large. And the Dyckia, phew, so pretty; want so much!

No wonder Aloe peasonii wins the show.

Love the pictures. I truly appreciate the effort of you guys taking and uploading the shots for those of us who can't be at these shows.

• marguerite_gw Zone 9a
    11 years ago

Absolutely magnificent photos and plants. Inspiring me to greater things.

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    11 years ago

Great photos guys, thanks!!

• lzrddr
    11 years ago

wow.. that is way cool!

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    11 years ago

Wow. all I can say. I am keeping this for future refference. Wow and thanks guys.

• caudex1
    11 years ago

Great photos, thanks for sharing!!

One of these days I got to get down there....

• alkosa
    11 years ago

RE: ID, middle plant in the last picture looks like Deuterocohnia brevifolia?

• Pagan
    11 years ago

My word. Now I need to pick up my jaw from the floor so I can hyperventilate into a paper bag.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    11 years ago

Very, very, very nice. Thanks for taking the time to post these.

tj

• rosemariero
    11 years ago

Alkosa, yes, you got the name correctly on that plant. Microthrix also ID'd it with its old name (the one I'm used to seeing), Abromeitiella brevifolia.

That was truly a mass of amazing specimen plants last year!! I must make a note to try to make the Huntington's annual July Show & sale this time. (Reggie, should we make a plan??!!??)

I missed this post last year, & didn't see Jordi's fantastic Eulychnia castanea fa. spiralis blooming till now!! Wow! Have not seen one before!!

Thanks to Moosetrackz & Lzrddr for posting all the pix from that 2012 show! What a treat!

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

theres a show at the huntington on the 28th of this month. im going to that one if anyone else wants to go :D

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    11 years ago

Moosetrackz, what is the 11th photo down??? I have one like it that I am trying to ID.

• rosemariero
    11 years ago

I don't know if I could make it this month, Zeck, as we're scheduled to install a block wall.

Mara, I don't think Moosetrackz/Dani has been posting to this forum since Jul of last year. Not sure GW had the checkbox for replies in place back then...but they could be lurking. =)

Unfortunately, I don't know what that one is, but a guess is Eriosyce occulta (it has more wool or ? than I would expect for this one though).

• reggie
    11 years ago

Incredible. Jordy that flowering Eulychnia castanea fa. spiralis!!!! Wowsa. I have never seen one in bloom before. Thanks for linking to that! I have the CSSA Show and Sale in my calendar already Rosemarie!! Would love to have company. I have it for JUNE 29th.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    11 years ago

Thank you rosemarie. IT got me on the right family and I think I have an ID for a cactus I was looking for.

This post was edited by wantonamara on Thu, Apr 18, 13 at 23:04

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

tthe 11th one down is Coopiapoa tenuissima monstrose

• rosemariero
    11 years ago

Good catch, Zeck!! Yay! That's it! I was in too much of a hurry. Couldn't find a specimen from past flower shows with a name. That one was in part of my brain with no retrieval option. Ha!

Copiapoa tenuissima forma monstruosa it is (I think)! I am not sure if there is variability of the spines (having vs. not), though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Copiapoa

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus