Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Possibly labeled wrong?

Posted by Sbgibbons none (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 19:31

I saw this yesterday at walmart and loved it. I know walmart isn't the best place to buy plants, but I also try to "rescue" them. Haha. Anyway, I saw this and really liked it and picked it up. I am about to repot it, but I always research first and I'm not finding a lot of information on it. It's labeled- Echeveria 'Fleur Blanc'. Do y'all think this is right?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Possibly labeled wrong?

That looks right, actually. Although I think they have another name. Nice looking plants! Make sure to double check the soil... might be a good idea to repot while still in summer!

o

Yep, looks like 'Fleur Blanc'! - relatively new hybrid, which could be why you are not finding lots of info. I would definitely repot asap before the potting soil hardens up - that always makes it trickier to remove all the old soil.

o

That's correct David..I got one at my walmart the day they got shipment..PRE-murder!

o

I'm wondering if someone (a nursery, perhaps) is just giving names to those they don't know. I wonder if the name is valid...having been published (with a description) somewhere. It looks very similar to 'Lucita'.

I am curious to see the flowers, if it blooms for you any time soon. Pretty please.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here