Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Succulents in Paradise...

Posted by kaktuskris 6 NH (barharbor75@yahoo.com) on
Sat, Jul 27, 13 at 19:56

In September I am heading back to the Philippines for three weeks, can't wait! Last time saw some awesome Euphorbia, Adenium obesum, Sansevieria, Yucca, other succulents, Bananas, Coconut Palms, Papayas everywhere, eager to see what else I can find. And the green Calamondin Orange, or Calamansi, is a staple, used in a sauce with soy, cane vinegar and tiny hot pepper...It grows wild there. I will be in succulent and tropical heaven indeed...

This was last time...

Christopher

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Succulents in Paradise...

That is a beautiful COT! Never seen a picture of one so big.

o

Very common over there, Stephanie.

Christopher

o

Lucky you...I was born in the Philippines...dad was in the army at the time and met my Mom there. Left when I was 10 yrs old , long, long time ago,lol... but remembered all the wonderful fruits there...Mangoes being my most favorite. Enjoy your trip in Sept. one of these days I'll have to visit...my sister is there now and my brother lives there half a year...so I know what I'm missing when it comes to tropical plants and fruits...

o

Beautiful. Have a great time! Bring me back some Lumpia:)

o

Thanks, I will make sure I enjoy it, with my family to be. I'll try to drink my share of Red Horse Ale by San Miguel, the local rum, foods like sizzling pork sisig and lechon, and of course try as many different tropical fruits as I can find in the local market. One think I refuse to try is Balut, which is an egg with an almost fully developed chick inside.

Intend to visit a local orphanage there as well, to donate some school supplies and maybe some clothes also. The Philippines is a tropical paradise, but with a degree of poverty that doesn't exist here.

Now, back to plants...the many types of Crotons and Plumeria are trees there, huge. Phalaenopsis Orchids are natives, thriving in the high humidity. Sansevieria are everywhere in spite of that...

Can't wait...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here