Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help ID'ing this succulent

Posted by danesnpits 2b (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 20:13

I have no clue what this is, anyone know?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help ID'ing this succulent

The picture is rather blurry, but it appears to be Oscularia deltoides, Pink Iceplant. Sometimes it's seen listed in the trade as Lampranthus deltoides. Does your plant have teeth on the edges?

o

Hi seedmoney does this help?

o

Yep, that's it. I would give it more light and keep it on the drier side. I see you're in Zone 2b--is that like Siberia?

o

Thank you seemoney!! I will repot this thingy and put it by itself in a dryer, lighted area place. I had to laugh, is Siberia zone 2b as well? LOL..I am actually in Northern, Saskatchewan, Canada. Our winters get to about -45 Celsius for 8 months a year. Growing season starts in the end of May and goes to august..sometimes u can have plants still growing by september but not often. It's a hell hole living here for plant fanatics like me. I have all my plants in the house, taking over my living room!!! Oh, and 2 sets of metal hallides that I use all year round even in the summer..It's a horrible place to live..but hey..it's home.

o

Another from the Great White North!

Folks, it's as Dane says for Northern Sask. - we here in the BC Southern Interior speak of their winters (and general weather) with reverence (and joy that we're not there). If you want to grow succulent plants, there are more difficult places, but not many.

o

Hi seedmoney does this help?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here