Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Finds

Posted by PaulaZ pitts pa (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 20:24

Found a great nursery in Valencia PA... added these beauties photo DSCN1145_zpsb308bb50.jpg
 photo DSCN1156_zps1dece02f.jpg
 photo ee8987cb-12c0-4ccd-ab74-9d7ed40b17ea_zps6fd6fd27.jpg
 photo DSCN1155_zps07251b12.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Finds

I love that first pot. Those are beautiful plants, congratulations. I never saw a succulent campion before.

o

Seriously... the first place I see Huernia I'm bringing them home!

o

David they had a table full of them all that size and majority in bloom at $6.99. But all were Zebrina...was hoping for variety. Now I have 2 zebrina and an unknown hope it blooms someday so I can ID.

Marguerite...not sure that campion IS a succulent but it was with sedums and so pretty. They said it could be grown as indoor plant....so for $4.99 it was mine!

o

DavidL,
Most of my Huernia came from mail order. Miles To Go has a hugh selection for only $4 each. Order came and I was completely satisfied. Look them up on line.
Paula,
What a fine.
Stush

o

VERY nice finds, good for you!

I don't know what that 2nd one is (Sedum of some kind), but I love its texture.

o

Yes pirate_girl, it was un labeled. But reminded me of a very tiny burros tail.

Thanks Stan, I HAVE been perusing Miles for awhile. I "CAN" resist ordering but when a plant is LOOKING at me that's a whole nother story! LMAO

In Oct the Quality Gardens is hosting a Succulent Book Centerpiece Class...which I am going to call and find out about.

Here is a link that might be useful: Quality Gardens Valencia PA

o

Everytime i see that Huernia,the center of it reminds me of a lifesaver candy.
You lucked out finding all those.tfs
Kathi

o

Thanks Stush. But they don't ship to Canada unfortunately :(. Some sites do, but at a crazy price! Hopefully one day they will turn out in local nursery, or Valley Succulent, which is the B.C. based site that I've got a few plants from

o

DavidL,
Next year I should be coming out of my ears with Hurnia plants. I just put my second order in at Miles to Go. I'll get in toutch with you then or better yet you with me. My memory is not what it used to be.
Stush

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here