Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A kindness from another continent

Posted by pennyhal 11Sunset23 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 11, 12 at 20:29

Sometimes I do a kindness for another without every expecting anything in return. Just knowing it has made another happy is enough. This past week a kindness returned to me from a very special friend contained in a box...

Me the day it arrived
Photobucket

What's in it
Haworthia'chocolat'
Haworthia 'chcolat'

Lapidaria margarethae & Echeveria Black "Knight'
Lapidaria margarethae & Echeveria 'Black Knight"

Echeveria pulidonis blue leaf form
Photobucket

Cotyledon ladismithiensis variegated white & green & Echeveria lucite
Cotyledon ladismithiensis variegated white&green & Echeveria lucita

Graptopetalum 'amethystinum' & Echeveria aquarius
Graptopetalum 'methystinum' & Echeveria aquarius

Sansevieria 'moonglow'
Sansevieria 'moonglow'

Echeveria setosa var. deminuta & Echeveria hybrid (E. carnicolor x diffractens
Echeveria setosa var. deminuta & Echeveria hybrid(E. carnicolorxdiffractens)

Three of these plants are from families I have never grown before. I will learn new things about other plant families as the year goes by.

This gift has warmed my heart and tickled my toes!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A kindness from another continent

Love the Haworthia Chocolat, Echeveria pulidonis, aquarius and Lapidaria. Seems like you have some great plants there, and in the background as well (1st pic). You reap what you sow, Penny, seems to be a good description. Well done!

o

Awesome Haworthia!! Beautiful. What a great surprise. You have every right to be over the moon. Love that E. setosa form too; I've never seen it in person.

o

Oh yes! I'm in heaven. I go outside and just stare at them. Fortunately we have some high ocean fog that keeps the temperature down for a couple of days, so they aren't having to put up with hot full sunny days while they adjust. Then they'll go into the semi-sunny part of the yard after a few days while I decide on their permanent spot.

Three of them are in plant families I've never grown before, so I'm reading up on their culture so I don't kill them! The Haworthia, Lapidaria margarethae, and Sansevieria will increase my plant knowledge.

They were shipped from Kara Cactus in Oregon and arrived in perfect shape.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here