Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Repotted, now falling over

Posted by nikkithechicken PA (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 21:15

Hi everyone. I am not sure of the name of this guy, but have had it for about 5 years. This is the second time I've had to re-pot. The last pot was a glazed ceramic, which it really thrived in.

Last week I noticed the roots coming out the bottom of the pot, so moved it to a slightly larger terracotta. I used the M.G. brand Cacti soil, which I have used before with no problems, then lightly watered it with M.G. cacti food...

Now its got the gangsta lean. Before, it was firm/ erect. It has not flowered yet this year.

Any insight as to why its leaning would be great. I'm thinking, I should not have watered it so soon after re-potting...? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Repotted, now falling over

Mammillaria elongata? And lol at the gangster lean :P mammillaria dont have the structure for being columner, so i think it is natural for it to have a lean ... if you want it to be strait, maybe prop up with rocks, or put in a stake and tie with string

o

Thanks, Micro. I am just a bit concerned because prior to repotting, it was firm and sat up straight, now its a little soft and floppy. I'll put some more rocks in the pot and see if that works! =)

o

• Posted by rina_ 6a Ont (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 29, 12 at 22:16

I am not sure, but isn't it recommended not to water right away and not to fertilize right away after repotting too? Maybe if you give it couple of weeks it will recuperate...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here