Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chuy415

Couldn't be happier.....

chuy415
9 years ago

Just noticed it today!! It was just a small little nub about 4 or 5 days ago..... Just so happened to check on it today .... Wow... Huge surprise!!! Happy to see its gonna bloom any day ;-)

Chuy

Comments (18)

• coldeuphorb
    9 years ago

It looks like it will fall over from that one.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Awesome....! The flower is bigger than the plant! ;-)

Josh

• chuy415
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes. Very too heavy!! But I think it will be ok ;)
    Flower is huge!! Love the colors!!! Never thought it would bloom this quick for me ;).
    The pic was taken about an hour and 10 min after.

• DavidL.ca
    9 years ago

Wow that's a beautiful flower. Such a small cactus compared to that flower. What kind of cactus is it?

• chuy415
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you!!! Woops. Meant Top heavy ;).
    Ok. Final pic of it fully opened.

• chuy415
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I bought it at walmart ;). About 5 weeks ago

• PaulaZ
    9 years ago

Please keep us informed as to how long that beautiful flower lasts. I got a lovely cactus with a bud. It bloomed a pure white large similar flower...only lasted 24hrs... sad :(

• camellia1_gw
    9 years ago

Beautiful! And I see you have more bundles of joy coming soon!

• Laura Robichaud
    9 years ago

Very beautiful!!

• hijole
    9 years ago

Very nice chuy, it looks like one of those things you look through an turn as your looking into it. and then it has all these colors. I know what its called but not sure how to spell it, I'll take a shoth at it tho, its called a Collidescope .

If anyone knows what I mean please correct my spelling plz...

Thanks, Greg

• Calmom2
    9 years ago

So beautiful! I love those little unexpected surprises our cactus plants give us! Enjoy!

• rosemariero
    9 years ago

Chuy!! Gorgeous bloom! What a nice surprise!

Greg, happy to oblige...though I'm sure everyone knows what you meant! ;) ...kaleidoscope

• chuy415
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thank you all!! will keep you all posted as to how long it lasts!! I didn't know it would fully bloom at night time!
    yes.. more bundles of joy to come I hope.. that cactus is a different one... sadly there has been about 3 prior buds close to opening and they just dry out and fall off :(... don't know what is wrong with it... but I'm hoping one of them does bloom soon...
    loved this Nice Huge Surprise!!! :)

Chuy

• mingtea
    9 years ago

Excellent! Thanks for posting that, I bought one last month to put in the ground and couldn't seem to find a good picture online. Hope mine is a stunner like yours!

-Ming

• chuy415
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ok..... Pretty sad.. The flower only lasted a little over 24 hours.
    This is it as of a few hours ago. Lookin a but shriveled now.

• rosemariero
    9 years ago

Yes, they only last a day...but WHAT a day...IF you catch them blooming! It's a bummer to miss them...as I have in the past. Sometimes, when I see my neighbor's plants blooming ~I run & get my camera & take a pic ~just in case they missed 'em. LOL

• notolover
    9 years ago

Beautiful!!!

As I posted before, I had 2 of these bloom and was astonished at the beauty of the flower color. They rival Schick hybrids for sure. Yours is much more spectacular than mine were (jealous!!!) It's just a gamble I guess and you really won big :-)

That is the only down side--the bloom time is brief.

• chuy415
    Original Author
    9 years ago

yes.... I was lucky to see this bloom when it did.. I hadn't paid attention for a few days and when I saw it....... it did look like it was going to bloom any minute!! lol

Chuy

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?