Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spotted Chunkiness and Flowering - Need There Be More?

Posted by cactusmcharris 4 / Interior BC (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 1:11

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's got some competition from its potmate, which hasn't yet flowered but is pupping like mad.

Photobucket

Hollyhock flower power - prepare for a purple and pink onslaught

Photobucket

And our event and mischief planner

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spotted Chunkiness and Flowering - Need There Be More?

Looks like the cat is looking into the flower! zoom-zoom!

o

Fabulously full-figured! What are you feeding those things?

o

Beautiful, I knew it was a probably a mistake visiting this forum to identify the few succulents I still had, had has to be changed to have LOL. I now have a full blown addiction going on :). I hope my greenhouse will be warm enough for them in the winter, I do keep it above freezing it has never gone below 38*F.

Annette

o

Rian,

Yoko is a beastly flower.

Ryan,

Just the odd diluted taste of regular Miracle-Gro. That, and the emulsion of angels' tears...Maybe I've finally found a general soil mix they like.

Annette,

Yes, you're ready for the support group - we're like the government, we're here to help. That temp shouldn't be a problem for many plants, but I'd find it iffy if my collection was mostly succulent Asclepiads from, say, Somalia. If the soil is dry and they're not in their growth cycle, I'd guess you'll be OK with a lot of things, but I'm not sure I'd want these gasterias (in fact, I'm quite sure I'd not) to be repeatedly exposed to those temps.

o

That first plant is almost X rated. What is an " emulsion of angel tears"?

o

Very nice Jeff. Your event and mischief planner is beautiful.

Annette, I keep most of my succulents in a greenhouse with similar winter temperatures and some in a larger greenhouse that can even go a degree or two below zero (freezing) if it's exceptionally cold outside, and I've never had a problem. Even some gasterias, like G. carinata, are fine, although like Jeff says, I'm sure it depends on where they are from and also the duration of the cold temps. The succulents I baby and keep in the house where it's warmer are my adeniums, pachypodium saundersii, and a jatropha.

o

• Posted by teatree zone 8b/Oregon (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 17, 12 at 12:15

Why had I not commented like I thought I did!... the pups on that one G. are sure going mad all right. Pretty fantastic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here