Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Euphorbia Dorstenia

Posted by stoneys_fatali 9b Duarte,CA (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 1:40

Picked this up today at California Cactus Center near my house. Huge place with nothing but cacti and succulents..some very rare.

photo 20140731_221027_zpsnzklh0f7.jpg
 photo 20140731_221048_zpswb6jxeom.jpg

Stoney

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Euphorbia Dorstenia

Ooo I have one of those! I really like them. One of my favs. Yours is so cute :)
 photo 20140725_181055.jpg

o

Just so you know, there's nothing about this plant that is "Euphorbia". It appears to be Dorstenia crispa or possibly D. foetida. With names being what they are, "crispa" and "foetida" are sometimes thought of as synonymous.

o

Thanks for the comments!

I was told partial sun. Is this correct?

Suievezmoi, how often do you water yours? I was told once a week with our mid 90's temps.

Stoney

o

In some green houses this one can start growing in neighboring pots because it will throw its seeds. I didn't get to that point with mine...I killed it! :-(

o

I heard about it throwing seeds some 5-6 feet away. Crazy!

Stoney

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here