Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Haul from Desert Images

Posted by hanzrobo 11 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 28, 12 at 1:46

I had the chance to stop by a local treasure trove last week. I haven't found homes for everything yet but finally found time to snap some shots today.

Euphorbia ferox
Photobucket

Really curious on this one. It's chalky and grows like an Adromischus but I can't figure it out.
Photobucket
Here's the flower stalk...
Photobucket

a terrifically toothy Adromischus!
Photobucket
Photobucket

This is like a mini Crassula tetragona.
Photobucket

Huge leaves on this Cotyledon.
Photobucket

A good day for Adros
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Agave victoriae reginae
Photobucket

Some awesome Gasteria...
Photobucket

Photobucket

This wavy fellow,
Photobucket

An Aloe or two....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have a tiny one of these started from a leaf. Any clues?
Photobucket

I'm excited to share with you, Sedum multiceps.
Photobucket

They don't get much fuzzier than this. This one gets much bigger.
Photobucket

There are a few more in my photobucket if you want to check them out. I'm going to stop now.

Thanks for looking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Haul from Desert Images

Nice plants.
Love the variegated aloe, and the cute little gasteria.
Do you think your Echeveria could be "set oliver"?

o

The last one is Echeveria leucotricha 'Frosty'

o

Ryan,

And not a Mesemb among them - wow, that bumpy gasteria is good looking and lush. Your first unknown ID is another Adromischus (the one with the flower stalk). The Aloe (light green with lines) is Aloe deltoideodonta v. fallax. Such a nice haul there (sighs when he thinks of the offerings up here - five cacti/succulents in a glufer) - I'm tickled magenta for you.

o

Excellent nursery... I have not been by in a year... will have to make another trip

o

very nice plants. I just got an agave Victoriae also. Awesome aloes too, really need to work on my collection.

o

Ryan,

I'm thinking that unid NWC plant you ask about is an Echeveria or Pachyveria, with E. edging out P. in the guessing.

o

I see you bring them home by the box load! Love the little Sedum multiceps!

o

• Posted by teatree zone 8b/Oregon (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 28, 12 at 15:19

Truly some fantastic plants; thanks so much for showing! Some really great Adromischus. I love the solid green and red/speckled forms.

The Gasteria are just great. Love how packed that second one is with pups! Reminds me of some G. carinata forms I saw pictured the other day. So pretty.

Thanks for the ID for the Echeveria leucotricha 'Frosty,' Howard. I haven't seen that plant before.

o

Thanks everybody for loooking and for the ID's. I want to address everyone's comments but I've been gone all day and have some dad duties to attend to.

I'll be back later, just wanted to say thanks.

Ryan

o

Howard, thanks for that ID! That's definitely the one, fuzzy like a tarantula.

Jeff, I actually did bring home some Mesembs, just wanted to show you folks that I like other plants too! Thanks for the Aloe ID. I still haven't ID'd the chalky Adro. The NWC seems like an Echeveria to me too, it's just so unique, like it's part Semp or something.

Penny, yeah I kinda went nuts with the boxes, you saw that shot, huh?
I'm excited to see the S. multiceps come out of dormancy.

Colleen, thanks, I'm really partial to Adromischus these days and I'm thrilled to have found these beauties.
I love my new Gasterias too. Did you see the pup on the flower stalk?

o

Yes, I certainly saw the pup on the flower stalk! That's a special little treat, ain't it.

o

OK... now I know I'm really brain dead.... What is "NWC"?

o

Howard,

Here I thought you were down with the NWC (New World Crassulacae), you being Mr. Echeveria of Michigan and all....

o

OK Jeff, now you're testing me!!!! I didn't know there were OWC..... Crassulacae is Crassulacae.... What, NWC have tattoos or something????

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here