Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hanzrobo

New Haul from Desert Images

hanzrobo
11 years ago

I had the chance to stop by a local treasure trove last week. I haven't found homes for everything yet but finally found time to snap some shots today.

Euphorbia ferox

{{gwi:601965}}

Really curious on this one. It's chalky and grows like an Adromischus but I can't figure it out.

{{gwi:601967}}

Here's the flower stalk...

{{gwi:601968}}

a terrifically toothy Adromischus!

{{gwi:601969}}

{{gwi:601970}}

This is like a mini Crassula tetragona.

{{gwi:601971}}

Huge leaves on this Cotyledon.

{{gwi:601973}}

A good day for Adros

{{gwi:601976}}

{{gwi:601978}}

{{gwi:601981}}

Agave victoriae reginae

{{gwi:601984}}

Some awesome Gasteria...

{{gwi:601985}}

{{gwi:601987}}

This wavy fellow,

{{gwi:601989}}

An Aloe or two....

{{gwi:601992}}

I have a tiny one of these started from a leaf. Any clues?

I'm excited to share with you, Sedum multiceps.

They don't get much fuzzier than this. This one gets much bigger.

There are a few more in my photobucket if you want to check them out. I'm going to stop now.

Thanks for looking!

Comments (14)

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

Nice plants.
    Love the variegated aloe, and the cute little gasteria.
    Do you think your Echeveria could be "set oliver"?

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    11 years ago

The last one is Echeveria leucotricha 'Frosty'

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    11 years ago

Ryan,

And not a Mesemb among them - wow, that bumpy gasteria is good looking and lush. Your first unknown ID is another Adromischus (the one with the flower stalk). The Aloe (light green with lines) is Aloe deltoideodonta v. fallax. Such a nice haul there (sighs when he thinks of the offerings up here - five cacti/succulents in a glufer) - I'm tickled magenta for you.

• lzrddr
    11 years ago

Excellent nursery... I have not been by in a year... will have to make another trip

• chadec
    11 years ago

very nice plants. I just got an agave Victoriae also. Awesome aloes too, really need to work on my collection.

11 years ago

Ryan,

I'm thinking that unid NWC plant you ask about is an Echeveria or Pachyveria, with E. edging out P. in the guessing.

• pennyhal
    11 years ago

I see you bring them home by the box load! Love the little Sedum multiceps!

• Colleen E
    11 years ago

Truly some fantastic plants; thanks so much for showing! Some really great Adromischus. I love the solid green and red/speckled forms.

The Gasteria are just great. Love how packed that second one is with pups! Reminds me of some G. carinata forms I saw pictured the other day. So pretty.

Thanks for the ID for the Echeveria leucotricha 'Frosty,' Howard. I haven't seen that plant before.

• hanzrobo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everybody for loooking and for the ID's. I want to address everyone's comments but I've been gone all day and have some dad duties to attend to.

I'll be back later, just wanted to say thanks.

Ryan

• hanzrobo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Howard, thanks for that ID! That's definitely the one, fuzzy like a tarantula.

Jeff, I actually did bring home some Mesembs, just wanted to show you folks that I like other plants too! Thanks for the Aloe ID. I still haven't ID'd the chalky Adro. The NWC seems like an Echeveria to me too, it's just so unique, like it's part Semp or something.

Penny, yeah I kinda went nuts with the boxes, you saw that shot, huh?
    I'm excited to see the S. multiceps come out of dormancy.

Colleen, thanks, I'm really partial to Adromischus these days and I'm thrilled to have found these beauties.
    I love my new Gasterias too. Did you see the pup on the flower stalk?

• Colleen E
    11 years ago

Yes, I certainly saw the pup on the flower stalk! That's a special little treat, ain't it.

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    11 years ago

OK... now I know I'm really brain dead.... What is "NWC"?

11 years ago

Howard,

Here I thought you were down with the NWC (New World Crassulacae), you being Mr. Echeveria of Michigan and all....

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    11 years ago

OK Jeff, now you're testing me!!!! I didn't know there were OWC..... Crassulacae is Crassulacae.... What, NWC have tattoos or something????

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm