Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some I.D. assistance, pease....

Posted by greenjay Zone 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 23, 12 at 6:56

I found a few I.D.'s for some of my plants on my own , but would appreciate any help with these little guys....

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
That pretty much clears up all of my plants I.D.-wise I try to watch the posts on here for awhile before asking, as I have cleared up several mysteries that way , as well as simply searching on-line...any help greatly appreciated !
Many kind thanks in advance !
Jay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some I.D. assistance, pease....

First one looks like a etiolated sedum hernandezii. It should bloom yellow. This is not a firm ID.

o

I hate to contradict Mara who is very knowledgeable, but that's an etiolated Sedum furfurfaceum.
S. hernandezii has bigger leaves that are a brighter green.

Jay, this little guy will do well in outdoor shade/partial sun, or grow very compact with a little more sun. It looks like about 6 cuttings. I've had better luck with them being separated.

o

As I said, "not a firm ID". I stand corrected with full knowledge of my fallibility.

o

wantonamara and hanzrobo~ thanks for your assistance ! agreed , they are etoliated, i've had them about a month...they will be re-potted seperately in the spring, after I make the move to Florida....i'm trying to keep the number of pots traveling to under 70 lol ...they now get 6-8 hours a day a bright sunlight , and several more of indirect....there does appear to be some new , tightly clustered growth coming in ...thanks again for the i.d.

1 down 2 to go lol

o

Come next spring cut them back and make many babies . and get the base to grow in thick. They will grow well in florida if it is south florida, or anything z9 and above

o

any ideas , anyone on the remaining two ?

o

I'm thinking that #3 MIGHT be Mammillaria nivosa....any thoughts ?

o

Yes, flowering will confirm your supposition.

o

The last one has the hallmarks of a Copiapoa.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here