Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crimes against cacti

Posted by Ninkasi 6ish Germany (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 8:56

I thought the red, yellow and gold painted echeveria for the World Cup were bad, but this is worse. Its the "glowing star in the dark" glowing cactus and echeveria. I wonder how long it lasts with this paint on it. Poor plants.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crimes against cacti

I'm tempted to try the glowing wonder, but figured it was probably a waste at 6 euro a pop.

o

• Posted by rina_ 5a Ont (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 10:51

That is a new one...first just glued on fake flowers, then spray-painted in vivid colors and metallic, then velvet tipped, and now glowing in the dark...
When they grow, they look really ugly-at least the paint-sprayed I have seen. Also the paint had been scratched/damaged on many. Really sad displays.

Rina

o

Sad :( Why can't people appreciate cacti for their natural form? Aren't they unique enough already??

o

Oh NOooooo...can't believe it. What's next??! :(

o

Heathens!!!!!!! Poor cacti! I know the Walmart by me tries to tell bystanders that the rotting smell and brown color on the dying plants is perfectly natural, and just look at the pretty red paint job!

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 16:29

you are 100% correct. that is criminal.

o

I'm TOTALLY DISGUSTED!!! 😡SOOOOO NOT RIGHT!!!! If like to spray paint the seller and hot glue flowers ALL OVER THEM!!!? 😈

o

I was at Lowes last month. They had painted Echeveria and some cacti that all the spines had been painted neon colors and adorned with fake flowers - all near the register. I was staring in disbelief because my store is pretty good at watering - or should I say not overwatering.

I said to the gal at the register, "Those plants . . .", and she stopped me. She said "I know! I tell everyone not to buy them. The vendor sent them, but at least we succeeded in keeping them away from the real succulents."

Her parting shot - don't buy the royal blue orchids, either!

o

What a waste of cacti and money. :(

o

At least they haven't touched the euphorbias!!!!!! Go poisonous weird looking plants!!!!! Lol. If you couldn't tell, euphorbs are my favorite.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here