Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Then and now - & some ID's please

Posted by rina_ 6a Ont (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 29, 12 at 9:33

Comparing photos of plants when I got them and now to see difference (if any...);
some I am still missing ID (pls. correct if existing ID is incorrect):

xGraptoveria 'Royal flush'

Photobucket Photobucket

is this 'Hobbit'?

Photobucket Photobucket

and now with babies growing from the leaves

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thank you for any help...I will have more if I may...
Rina

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Then and now - & some ID's please

Rina,

I don't confidently ID any of the NWC hybrids anymore, so can't help with that (often you need flowers to confirm the ID, as you likely know) but that seems to me to be Crassula ovata 'Gollum'. It's good you have new growth on them - it shows you're doing things right(ly).

o

• Posted by rina_ 6a Ont (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 29, 12 at 10:10

Jeff

Thank you, am trying to follow advice found here on GW - mainly suitable soil mix.
I'll be posting 'then&now' on some plants that were gifts from somone you may know...

Rina

o

• Posted by rina_ 6a Ont (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 29, 12 at 22:29

I have this jade - didn't have nametag, so it is a 'variegated jade' for now.

Photobucket Photobucket

It didn't grow that much since I got it, but there is a lot of new leaves comming in now. Few almost white tips are slightly more yellow, they also have new leaves growing.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Would someone know correct name of it?

Rina

o

• Posted by teatree zone 8b/Oregon (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 29, 12 at 22:35

Would that be a Crassula ovata ssp. obliqua f. variegata cv. 'Tricolor'?

Pretty jade. Lucky to have one that large!

o

teatree

Thank you, I'll note that & see if there is any other suggestions (checked it out on web too).
Rina

o

Hawothia attenuata, I think...

then:

Photobucket

now:

Photobucket

o

Would one of these be correct?
Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg' or xGraptoveria 'Fred Ives' or Echeveria gibbiflora metallica

Then:

Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg'  or  xGraptoveria 'Fred Ives'  or  Echeveria gibbiflora metallica

Now, with some babies:

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Rina

o

Not 'Fred Ives'--looks to me like 'Perle von Nurnberg,' but that E. gibbiflora I don't know too well.

o

Colleen

Thank you again.
I tried to ID it, thought that it looks most like 'Perle', but I am still finding it difficult to differentiate.
Rina

o

It looks like E. Perle vom nurnburg to me. I have a couple. It ca get quite large when happy. I have now cut it back. It got really long in the trunk and the rosette had shrunk up considerably after blooming three times.

Troth garden,  11/2012

o

Mara

They look beautiful, all of them. Succulents, and the rocks too.
I can see benefit of Tx sun (you are keeping them in full sun, are you?)
They all are 'plump', how much water they receive?

Rina

o

No mostly they were grown in bright light and part shade with shafts of light. I moved it to morning light and bright light but now the sun is getting lower and it is all sun till late afternoon. It is still close to 100 , so I think I will move the table back. Texas sun is evil and I think Echeverias and many succulents are not up to it. I water once a week. Also they got long in the trunk and one rosette was getting smaller so I cut it off and it is rooting and the remaining trunk has pushed out two tiny rosettes that have not . They are not what they used to be. the beautiful picture was taken last fall.

You can see the tiny rosettes on the the remaining stump at the center botom of the arch. they do not look likr they are enjoying the Texas sun.

DSC_0112

The top rooted rosette is growing in part shade, a bright shade and is flowering already, again.
DSC_0111

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here