Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
normana61

euphorbia pinto

normana61
10 years ago

does anyone know how large this plant will grow in the ground? cannot find any info online

Comments (12)

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    10 years ago

Looks more like a variegated Adenium to me. What does the base or roots look like? Paula

• normana61
    Original Author
    10 years ago

please google "euphorbia pinto" and you will see more images . I just cannot find any info on the plant

• denniso_z9_so_cal
    10 years ago

I'm thinking it's a variegated Euphorbia Thai milii. There are a number of different named ones. If it is a Thai milii it shouldn't get more then 3 to 4 feet in the ground.
    Dennis

• brodyjames_gw
    10 years ago

How hard did you look?

Here is a link that might be useful: It was right here....

• normana61
    Original Author
    10 years ago

hi brodyjames, yes I found that but that does not mention size, does it get 3' or 20' tall. I know the other information

• Pots_Alot
    10 years ago

40 feet if you provide it enough pot and soil and it would also have a really nice wide spread

They all take shape very nicely

It's the same as controlling height and shaping for any other shrub snip here snip there pluck this leaf pluck that one
    Height can be halted for a long period of time in part by root control with reasonable pruning and timing, pot size and shape are also a consideration for the height you may want.

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    10 years ago

Indian Spurge Tree, or Milk tree not a Milii. Full name Euphorbia nerifolia variegata Pinto. I have the regular type. Grew from a bottom that a lactea crest was grafted onto.

• hanzrobo
    10 years ago

Kabam! Stush is the man with the info!

10 years ago

That varigated form is much nicer than mine. Mine is getting too big for my house.

• jamesfjacob
    4 years ago

This is a Euphorbia neriifolia variegata. I work for the company that gave it the name 'Pinto' and I actually took that photo in my office! The only plants we ever had were in pots and never got much more than about 5', but I imagine they would get quite a bit bigger when planted in the ground in tropical/sub-tropical conditions. Some years ago, the demand for these plummeted and we gave up on growing these, though I think it's time to bring back the Pinto! I'll be working on that this year.

4 years ago

Wow, James,

A little late with the information. 6 years. I gave mine away due to size. Was a bit dangerous as well due to the sap. I still grow many Euphorbia that get even bigger. I guess I never learn. Euphorbia ammak variegata now only 10 inches, E. trigona Ruba got a 3 inch cutting, now over 5 feet tall kept in a small 6" pot that doesn't impede it's growth in no way, E. lactea Variegated 'Ghost' from cuttings of crest now 3 feet tall, and several others.

On Euphorbia nerifolia;

When I let it go thru with winter rest of low temps, low light with no waterings, it looses it's leaves which is it's best point of interest. How do you winter over your plants or do you live in a warm area?