{{gwi:606364}}

radicans

{{gwi:557382}}

ampliata

Comments (14)

• paul_
    11 years ago

Some truly intriguing flowers, Karyn!

How fast growing are Ceropeias and how large do they get?

• karyn1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Most are kind of like a vine, especially the thin stemmed varieties such as woodii, linearis and Orange River. Those are my least favorites but they do bloom constantly. I like the thicker stemmed varieties like stapeliformis. Most of the ones I have are somewhere in between. They get more long then big. Some grow really fast. My sandersonii stems can grow 8' during a season. I have another that looks like fat pencils, C. dichotoma variegata. It's extremely slow growing, only a few inches a season. I wish I could find more varieties for sale.

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Hi Karyn,

(Sorry, I'm quite late getting back to you (but haven't forgotten.))

Have you seen the Ceropegia Journal (by my friend Sage Reynolds)? I have't looked at it in some time, but wonder if he mentions sourcing in it. It's worth a look if you've never seen it as it's spectacular & all his own plants, photos, web design, etc.

(PG) Karen

• karyn1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi. I have seen it. There's some great varieties. I don't recall if any US sources were mentioned. There's plenty of sources outside the US but they won't ship here, even if I pay for the phyto certificate.

• Dorydl
    11 years ago

I had grown woodii some time ago and would like to grow it again along with other varieties. I am also interested in finding a variegated woodii. I am intriqued by the thick stem as well. Have you seen any variegated of the thick stem?

• karyn1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I only have 1 besides the woodii that's variegated and it's the dichotoma which has a very thick stem. The stems are the variegated part as it doesn't have much in the way of foliage. Woodii and linearis are very easy to find. I've even seen them at places like Home Depot.

• Dorydl
    11 years ago

Hi Karin,
    Our local HD's didnt have, nor can I order it in my own store. I havent seen woodii in awhile.
    Thank you for answering so quickly!
    Dory

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

I've sometimes heard these referred to as the stick-like Ceropegias (the C. dichotoma). I had one about 10 yrs. ago, think it was, had it a couple of yrs. before I lost it. Interesting to look at in a way, didn't seem to do much, for me anyway.

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Sorry, forgot to say cool pix, thanks for posting them.

• Dorydl
    11 years ago

I really like the Ceropegia flowers. Thank you for posting the photos

• karyn1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Dorydl I know that Pepper's Greenhouse and Almost Eden both carry C. woodii. Not sure about the variegated form. Pepper's plants are very reasonably priced and usually a nice size.

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    11 years ago

Very cool, indeed!

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Karyn,

Here's several more pix of the lance shaped C. woodii leaves I'm try to show you. Pls. excuse my interrupting your flower display here, this is the fastest way I know to post these.

{{gwi:606367}}

another shot:

{{gwi:606369}}

anyway, off to look up C. linearis, see ya!

• scsva
    11 years ago

Shoal Creek Succulents have ceropegia also. I've ordered right much from them.

Susan

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio