o
Is a windowsill large pot to big for cactus

Posted by spikef22 none (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 15, 14 at 10:47

The big long type on the bottom of my picture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is a windowsill large pot to big for cactus

Are you asking if that window sill pot is too big for all of those cacti? If so, yes. If it were me, I'd have a few cacti on their own pots and I'd also make a lot of pretty arrangements by species in 3's in 8-12 inch pots that weren't too deep, but that's just my opinion for aesthetics. I think having all of that extra space would allow for a lot of extra water to be held in the soil for a longer period of time. Also, if you are going to repot, you may want to look into changing to a gritting mix. I'm in the process of doing that as well.

But I'm not an expert at all, so I would wait for someone else to chime in as well. - Sam :)

This post was edited by Sbgibbons on Fri, Aug 15, 14 at 13:53

o

Yes I've had them in that pot for awhile and there fine even with brand cactus soil there are drainage holes

o

You think the pot is fine? Or you think the soil is fine? I'm not telling you to change your soil, it was just a suggestion. :)

o

Thanks for ur suggestion never mind

o

Spike, we are trying to help, but you are determined, I think, to not make it easy for us. Read the title of your post and ask yourself what it's supposed to mean and how we are to interpret it.

You give very little information in your posts, so your questions are virtually impossible to answer without clarification.

Help us help YOU. We really want to!

Nancy

o

• Posted by Deva33 5... southeast Iowa (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 16, 14 at 0:06

Nancy, you are really patient & kind. Are you a teacher by chance?

Spike - everyone on here will say something about your soil. Most people on here have found that a gritty mix works best for them. I, personally, just made my first batch this week and got a few of my plants in it. I want to see how it works for me before switching all of them.

I also agree with Nancy. Too big and may likely retain too much water. GOOD LUCK!

o

I thought I understood the question..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here