Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deva33atlanta

plant shelf

Its the little things that make me so happy. I found this shelf on craigslist for $15 and it is perfect for my plants - they all fit! As soon as my friend picks up her rooted cuttings (on the bottom shelf) I will have room for 1 (or 2) more! :-) This will also keep my collection in check. My boyfriend is already getting annoyed with my plants.

This post was edited by Deva33 on Tue, Aug 12, 14 at 11:31

Comments (6)

• Isis30
    9 years ago

Great find! I love the yellow bowls on the top shelf.

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    9 years ago

Deva

Chuck the boyfriend - keep the plants...JUST KIDDING!!!

Nice shelf, great with glass (will let most light thru) and you can cram in more than 2 for sure even right now. You'll find space when you never thought there was some. Luckily, succs & cacti don't need large containers; I am starting to like more square containers since they fit close together much better than round & save space. See in the photo-still could fit more square ones.
    Looks like your plants are on balcony, I am sure every inch of space counts.
    Your yellow bowls are nice (hope they have drainage holes).

Rina

This post was edited by rina_ on Tue, Aug 12, 14 at 14:42

• ssk22 Ohio 5b
    9 years ago

i have a couple of those shelves. came from IKEA

sharon

• 0nametaken0
    9 years ago

ehehe thats great. Im have mine in my balcony and its so cramped, I have chillies, tomatoes, mint and other things growing along with my c&s. The worst thing is, I dont have a shelve or a table. I have two sets of 4 winter tires that have a big board on them, thats my c&s table. I have many AC boxes filled with stuff, on top of that is another big board, which is for veggies. I have a pot sitting on my AC and I have two empty buckets, that have a board on them that have veggies. Lastly, I have a big pot of veggies on the ground. If I had more space, I would love to go thru kijiji and buy shelves. :) Your is perfect, I love the glass part.

• deva33 Z8 Atlanta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

haha Rina! He is a good one so I think I will keep him around. I like the idea of square containers! I am going to run some errands in a bit here and I will see what I find!
    and yes... the bowls have drainage holes.

Sharon - I knew it came from Ikea but I think they don't make it anymore. I looked online and couldn't find it :-(

NameTaken - you can also find planters that hang over the railing. I have a few of those for my herbs. I have parsley, mint, basil, rosemary, sage, and cilantro. Although my cilantro just keeps shooting off and making seeds instead of giving me leaves!!!!!

• 0nametaken0
    9 years ago

Deva Ive seen those around in the neighbouring building, its a cool idea but our building balcony railings are different so Im not sure how it would work, not to mention the torrent of water that falls in that area during a thunderstorm.