Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Colorful Jades! Please. let's see yours. Some of mine. Pics

meyermike_1micha
11 years ago

I hope everyone is doing well. It's been a while since I have been here but I have been thinking of many of you. I just wanted to share some of my latest colors. It made me smile today on my day off and I am happy to share.

Please, let's see some of yours:-0)

{{gwi:608669}}

{{gwi:608671}}

{{gwi:608674}}

{{gwi:608676}}

{{gwi:608677}}

{{gwi:608678}}

{{gwi:608679}}

{{gwi:608681}}

{{gwi:608683}}

{{gwi:608686}}

{{gwi:107763}}

{{gwi:107762}}

{{gwi:608691}}

{{gwi:107761}}

Comments (123)

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    11 years ago

Beautiful picture, Xuan!
    I can see why you've been spending time away from your plants ;-)

Mike, hey buddy! Your Jades grew so many branches this year, they're great to see.

Josh

• kaktuskris
    11 years ago

Hey Mike!

Excellent colours on your jades, buddy. Fantastic job, as usual...

Christopher

• haxuan
    11 years ago

Hello old friends, Mike & Josh

Thanks for your interest in my "gem"...We are so proud of her.

Waiting to see more photos of your lovely plants.

Xuan

• jojosplants
    11 years ago

Hi Mike..and all!
    Everything looks wonderful! Just beautiful! I love Jades and seeing them all in one place is great!
    It's also a good way to get ideas on pruning. Now all I need is Jades. LOL!
    Im guessing this is the thread you told me about on the phone. :-)
    Mike,I love the Variegated "Skinny Finger" !

Josh you little "forest" is looking good and sure colored up nice! I hope mother Jade is good and growing strong!

Sorry to hear about the racoons! I just put in a fall garden and something ate it already! LOL! and a rock squirrel ate Jace's pumpkin. lol.. They can be a pain at times.
    I have heard that pet hair in small cheesecloth type bags works to keep bunnies away from gardens. Maybe get your kitties to shed around your plants. lol..

I only have one Jade right now and it's looking a little shriveled. lol.. so I will admire all of these for now. :-)

there are too many to go through one at a time and mention.. so I want to say.. EVERYONE'S plants are BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for starting this Mike and to everyone who joined in, thanks for sharing your plants. :-)

JoJo

11 years ago

JoJo, it is so great to see you back in action!
    I hope things are going well for you and getting back to some semblance of normalcy.
    The raccoons did little damage overall...more of a nuisance, but time-consuming to clean up
    afterwards. The deer thrashed my variegated Pink Lemon....that was the major bummer of
    the season :-(

Josh

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jojo!!! I am so happy to see you:-)))))))))
    By the way, once you feel you are ready to start a new collection, I am here for you. I have plenty to share, and some of good size too. I'll even start a special one for you:-)
    I too love the colorful skinny fingers. All of a sudden it is growing very fast now and they are all under light as of today. i will take a few more pics just for you:-)
    Yes, back in action it is !!!

Josh....Did we ever talk of your pink lemon? Now, that is a bummer! It will make a full recovery in no time though. Shoot.

Xuan, it is always great to see you pop in. Hello:-0)

Mike

• jojosplants
    11 years ago

Morning!
    Josh, Mike, You guys are the best! :-) I'm not too sure about back in action.. but here and trying! :-) It's time...

I spent yesterday going through what is left of my C & S collection.. Not much and what is needs work. lol...
    I have one Jade in sad shape and some I stole from my brother to try and save. lol.. Will try and post pics of them later, need to figure out photobucket. Not sure my password, it's been awhile.

Josh,
    so sorry to hear about the lemon. :-( I wish I could blame mine on a critter. But truth is , I forgot to water it. :-( Spring is just around the corner, right? lol..Dreading winter. Ugh!

Mike I think I'm ready to take you up on that offer now if it's safe to ship and you have a few cuttings to spare. I think a few things in my craft room would be nice to get me through the winter.
    I hate cold and being cooped up! Need stuff in the plant/craft room. Right now it's just crafts. lol..

I cant help but think of ET when I see a Skinny Finger plant . ;-) lol..

Well..
    Need to see what the chicken is yelling about and get my day started. :-)
    See you guys soon!
    Hugs! and Mike.. one for mom. :-)

JoJo

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jojo,

Oh yeah! You are back in action. There is no turning back now:-)
    You knew once you came back, you'd be addictd again.lol

Do you have a skiiny fingers left? By the way, once you get back into the swing again, it will become second nature for you. Oh, i have a plant that looks like E'T's finger.lol

Mom sends one right back at you!

Mike

• tride26
    11 years ago

I have a lot of big jade plants, but this smaller one has become one of my favorites recently.

• tride26
    11 years ago

I have a lot of big jade plants, but this smaller one has become one of my favorites recently.

{{!gwi}}

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Tride26, welcome.

Not only do I love your jade and the shape, but where in the world did you get that pot?
    I could use one or two with some of mine. I love them, buty I would love them even better if they were in show piece pots!

Mike

• silentsurfer
    11 years ago

hey guys, Mike, Josh,,

...kinda depressing knowing an Indoor crassula will likely never achieve those Colors,,
    Nah! just Kiddin lol
    SPECTACULAR !!!
    i really had no idea they were even capable of such Beauty,
    some real Stunners there! its Totally inspiring,, ya's got me kinda hooked even,, think ive got about 12 now,,,
    Thanks soo much for sharing the pics! :)
    ss

11 years ago

I agree with Mike, that pot is perfect for the plant!
    Your Jade looks to be a very cool 'Hobbit' with some excellent flaky bark.

Mike, I mentioned the Pink Lemon on the phone, but I haven't posted any pics of it yet....
    it'll probably make you want to cry ;-) It really took a thrashing by the deer. But I know that
    it will recover eventually.

Josh

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ss...E-mail me, ok?

Here is my e-mail...

mikerno_1@yahoo.com.

Josh, I must of had a drink right before you called and missed that all together.lol Oh no, I pity you. That was one plant you worked so hard for soooo long to shape!

Yes Josh, I too LOVE that flakey bark on that 'Hobbit'. You see, sometimes it's all about the bark features that makes a great jade, not just color, size, and shape.

Mike

• tride26
    11 years ago

sorry for the triple post. was struggling to figure out how to post that pic. :0

i picked up the pot at palino gardens in Denver.
    a local potter makes them. it is stoneware so it is really tough.

• jojosplants
    11 years ago

So no turning back? lol...
    Well never really lost my addiction Mike, just misplaced it for a bit. ;-)

No. don't have a skinny finger plant anymore. :-/

JoJo

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Love everyone's plants!

That baby is SO CUTE, haxuan!!

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jojo, that's right and I am glad you found your way back
    :-0)

Hum, I can definitely dig up a skinny fingers some where!

Purple,,,Beautiful red tips on bright green leaves. I'll bet your plant is loving the cooler days you have. Nice.

Mike

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jojo, that's right and I am glad you found your way back
    :-0)

Hum, I can definitely dig up a skinny fingers some where!

Purple,,,Beautiful red tips on bright green leaves. I'll bet your plant is loving the cooler days you have. Nice.

Mike

• Colleen E
    11 years ago

The variegated 'Skinny Fingers' take the cake, Mike! Though, it's really hard to decide. They all look smashing. Can't wait for the day when variegates other than the common 'Tricolor' are available in easier ways. Because your variegates rock.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    11 years ago

Hi Xuan nice to hear from you, your grand-daughter is a little cutie. Cherish every moment you get to spend with that precious little bundle, they grow up so fast.

LOL you've found me out, yes, succulents are yet another addiction of mine.

The daylilies were a bust this year, the weather just wouldn't co-operate :(.

Annette

• americangolden
    11 years ago

Here's a picture of eight different Crassula Ovata plant varieties.

Jade's from left to right:
    Crassula Ovata Crosby's Compact
    Crassula Ovata Gollum
    Crassula Ovata Hobbit
    Crassula Ovata Hummel's Sunset
    Crassula Ovata Red Horn Tree
    Crassula Ovata var. obliqua f. variegata 'Tricolor'
    Crassula Ovata Bluebird
    Crassula Ovata

11 years ago

Nice, American!
    We need more of these family portraits!

Josh

• americangolden
    11 years ago

Thank you. I will post some more pictures sometime in the near future.

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

American, I had no idea you had such a nice array of plants. Just locvely! I loved how you named then too. I never do that.lol

Hey Teatree, thanks! I agree but I also do a soft spot for my variegated 'hobbits' too.lol
    Thank you:-)

• nat_lia
    11 years ago

Beautiful and nice colors, everyone :)
    Here are my jades, just took these pictures today...
    Crassula Ovata Crosby's Compact
    {{gwi:608818}}

Crassula Ovata Hummel's sunset
    {{gwi:608820}}

Crassula Ovata Minima
    {{gwi:608824}}

Crassula Ovata Hobbit
    {{gwi:608825}}

and a picture of the whole family together.
    {{gwi:608826}}

Natalia

• CorpsmanCooper
    11 years ago

Mine are finally starting to get some color! Here's some pictures!

~Erin~

Here's my hobbit! It's finally starting to make a come-back after that nasty frost last winter that killed a lot of it.
    {{gwi:608827}}

This is a group of gollum I got from a fellow GWer. They're getting some nice color as well!
    {{gwi:608828}}

Here's my tri-color. It's starting to get some pink. I'm having a rough time with this one. It seems to be a very slow grower and finicky. I'm still figuring this one out!
    {{gwi:608829}}

Here's my large jade mentioned a few of my other posts. It's just starting to get some color but it's growing like crazy after I pruned it.
    {{gwi:608830}}

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Erin, BEAUTIFUL. Look at how nice they look and are coming. Thank you.

Ntailia...Thank you for sharing with us.. They look very nice:-)

Mike

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Erin, BEAUTIFUL. Look at how nice they look and are coming. Thank you.

Ntailia...Thank you for sharing with us.. They look very nice:-)

Mike

• silentsurfer
    11 years ago

Nice Erin!
    i'd been watching your post....on that large one...
    it really came back around after the trim dint she!? :)
    nice pinks on your tri. :)

a cpl of my 'survivors' needing some 'clays',
    which i incidently found at the thrift today! :)

Crassula dubia, Crassula arborescens
    {{gwi:608831}}

• kaktuskris
    11 years ago

Just took a look at this today, quite like the colours it is displaying now...

Christopher

11 years ago

I'll say! Great color!

Josh

• 123Greta
    11 years ago

wow!!

• hanzrobo
    11 years ago

Kris, that thing is awesome!

• kaktuskris
    11 years ago

Thanks! Seems to like my south facing window...

Christopher.

• puglvr1
    11 years ago

Love the color Christopher!! Very nice...

• kaktuskris
    11 years ago

Some leaves are more vivid than others...

Christopher

• notolover
    11 years ago

I thought this was the perfect pot for my gollum. It's currently in a south facing window behind a sheer curtain and seems to be happy there

• notolover
    11 years ago

Sorry-I don't know how to put in multiple pictures without using Photo-bucket.

Here is one of my Hummel's that is currently getting a lot of moring sun in the sunroom. Lots of red, not much yellow this time of year.

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

Beautiful plants everybody1

This post was edited by Microthrix on Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 14:44

11 years ago

No, it's not bad that you don't like Jades....
    but it certainly demonstrates a lack of tact on your part to express that opinion here in a Thread where Jade enthusiasts have gathered to delight in these plants. I wish I could say it's just your young age...but there are members many, many times your age who display a similar lack of tact when it comes to these plants. Time was, a person didn't have a nice thing to say, that person didn't say anything at all.

Noto, none of us can post multiple images without photobucket or other image-hosting service. That's how we do it.

Christopher, in that second shot, I like how metallic the underside of the leaves look.

Josh

• mrlike2u
    11 years ago

There are succulent plants I don't care for either I choose not to use it as an excuse to distract me away from leaning something about it. Even if in the event of later interest or direct the more enthusiastic then me person to someone who can assist them for better results.
    You don't have to have grow or own a Jade to like them at least try to think something positive ( respect) for the person(s) who does.
    On a Joe Q. Public forum it helps to be a little less biased on an opinion and maybe even be nice. You never know what help any person on here may offer you on a wide array of different plant as well.

• notolover
    11 years ago

Thanks Josh:

I have used PB to post multiple pictures, but it seems like it takes forever and I had a lot of repotting to do. :-)

But at least now I know that using a photo site is the only way to do it.

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    11 years ago

To be clear about Photobucket. Several months ago, to "improve" the Photobucket website experience, they changed things so now it is near impossible to upload several pictures at a time. Rosemarie was working on it but I haven't anything from her. So for now you have to go back and forth to post each link you want to list in a single post.

• mrlike2u
    11 years ago

Steps for Photo bucket multiple pic postings

Click on top of PB home page Library to view your library

Select Album on left side of your PB account page that has the photos you want to post

Select the photo you want to post click once on right mouse button on a single pic to be posted

Copy the code in the HTLM code in top box line on right side of page you have open and want to post by clicking on the letters HTML you'll see the yellow box turn yellow and flash the word copied

Move and click mouse to navigate back to the GW page you where wanting to post the pic on
    Left side mouse button click once
    Slide mouse down the small box that is floating around where the move arrow use to be to the word..... Paste and right click

You'll see a bunch of internet computer langauge words and letters plus characters ON THE GW PAGE your posting the pics on

I have no colorful jade pics stored at this time I selected some other little thing I have PB album stored that is of no relation to Jade

{{gwi:608832}}

After seeing the line of HTML CODE
    I have to hit HIT ENTER on my keyboard so I can type to you about my not related to Jade plant in the first pic

After which I go back to MY PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT
    That is still open on a different tab of my same browser
    Below the already open album is a series of pics in the album I selected that are stored
    Click on the next pic you want to share
    I also have to::: Repeat the HTML copy and paste info steps to post a second unrelated to a jade plant pic

{{gwi:56006}}

Next weeks lesson I talk about how to get people to scroll an entire page of blank info to see my
    Colorful jades lol

Hit enter again to continue posting as many pics as you want to or just add the info you want by typing

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    11 years ago

Wes, I understand all that you've written, and thanks. Past versions of Photobucket were set up so you could place a check mark on several pictures, scroll to the bottom of the page, click on "get links" which would open and you could select the appropriate link code for the particular forum, i.e., HTML, IMG, etc. Then return to GW and right click in the Message box, select "paste" and you would see the HTML code of the multiple pictures you selected and this would result in viewable pictures when you submitted your posting. Now, in the "New and Improved" Photobucket, this procedure can't be done; you have to go back and forth loading one line of HTML code at a time. I can't imagine why they changed a good thing

• kaktuskris
    11 years ago

Josh: Very well said, my friend.

Honestly I don't know what's not to like about these plants. But to each his own, I guess.

As for my plant, it got all twisted in the crowded window space, and some of the bottom leaves got more exposure to the sun than usual.

Christopher

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    11 years ago

Ground breaking update! I am wrong! There is a way. Select "Organize", using the CTRL key select each picture (SHIFT Key if they are all in a row), then select "LINK" lower right corner. This opens a window to select the necessary code. Window yellows and says, "Copied" then return to GW, right click in the message box and paste. You will note that the word "Center" begins and ends the HTML code. Deleting both will align the pictures to the left margin. This is what happens... I know I've posted these pics before. If you want more space between the pictures, locate the "href". Just before this are carets and a lower case "a". Add a line enter to separate between the carats,

{{gwi:588142}}

{{gwi:608712}}
    {{gwi:608696}}
    {{gwi:608698}}
    {{gwi:608700}}

• Brandon Smith
    11 years ago

On the Photobucket tip-

I have grown completely enamored with their "mobile upload" feature. It's awesome! All you have to do is find the mobile upload # for you account then take all the pix you want on your phone and simply txt them to the #, it's genius really. All the pix get uploaded to your mobile upload album and you can move them/post them till your hearts content from there.

Howard, nice work on the bulk upload. It seems Im finding myself more frequently having to tell folks, that may or may not belong to generational groupings of a time further gone by then my own, that their user error is causing the issue and not poor device/programming production. But unfortunately most if them aren't as cool headed or determined as you and give up learning! :)

Wes, nice work as well! Good PB tutorial my friend. I oy wish that classic PB would actually work on my phone (apple) or maybe that their app was functional. I think the issue I have with their app is just too many pics, it just can't access them quickly enough for it to be useable, for me at least.

• mrlike2u
    10 years ago

Thanks Howard I did try and the added information you suggested and it does work.Always something to learn, teach an old dog new trick, words to this effect.

I'm heading to the dog house now. My pic demo plant is so off topic from the topic Colorful Jades I don't know how long I'll be in.

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource