Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Colorful Jades! Please. let's see yours. Some of mine. Pics

Posted by meyermike_1micha 5 (mikerno_1@yahoo.com) on
Tue, Aug 21, 12 at 12:09

I hope everyone is doing well. It's been a while since I have been here but I have been thinking of many of you. I just wanted to share some of my latest colors. It made me smile today on my day off and I am happy to share.

Please, let's see some of yours:-0)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Colorful Jades! Please. let's see yours. Some of mine. Pics

Hey, buddy!

I hope you're enjoying your day off!
Your Jades are growing very nicely and show great variegation.
That variegated Finger Jade has bushed out! Wow O.O

I see you've been watering your Jades well. I know that Glen has been
watering quite a bit, too. This month, I also increased the watering
and my Jades are showing much better growth, despite the weeks of 100F
heat we've all been suffering.

Josh

o

While I like my jades, I don't think of them as anything special... so I trust this won't upset anyone. Over the years I've generated so many new plants that I now pitch the cuttings except this year I cut back my Silver Dollar and potted up the cutting. Not sure what I will do with them 'cuz I really don't have the room in the greenhouse!

Anyway, here are some of my jades....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Earlier this year I whacked my big boy and it is slowly growing back.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Meyermike, what a nice collection of variegated jades. I never get sick of looking at those.

Here's a couple of mine:

Photobucket

Photobucket

One that's just starting to leaf out again:

Photobucket

And one of my Hummels that is not so impressive looking right now:

Photobucket

Bikerdoc, that's a great C. arborescens! Like those bushy gollum jades, too.

Jeff

o

I'm back with a few pics...although the specimens you guys have put mine to shame!
I also hope you don't mind if I sneak a pic "non Jade" pics in...some of these were
gifts from Mike and I want to make sure he sees them ;-)

The Summer has been quite hard on the Jades, especially the 'Hummel's Sunset' - lost a lot
of leaves when the early heat hit, and have had it recuperating in a shady location since.

First up, a few Jades grouped together:
special Jades from Mike (top three), with an herb planter of 'Crosby's Compact' rooted cuttings.

Photobucket

A full shot of one of the tables: various Jades, plus a Desert Rose and Euphorbia millii from Mike.

Photobucket

A Dragonfruit that I grew from seed. It has been suggested that this is Selenicereus testudo,
and I am always open to an identification.

Photobucket

Sad 'Hummel's Sunset' in real need of a pruning. What few leaves it has do look decent, though.

Photobucket

This was an older, woody cutting of Christmas Cactus that I rooted as an experiment to bonsai.
I prune it several times a year to keep the branches sturdy and upright to try and show off the trunk.
It is growing in a mix of primarily Orchid Bark (fine-grade fir bark), with a pinch of lava rock
and charcoal. Pot is packed with roots.

Photobucket

A blooming Chinese Perfume tree, also from Mike. Subtle scent, but very nice what you catch it :-)

Photobucket

Entirely new growth on this 'Bantel's Sensation' that Mike sent to me. Check it out, Mike!

Photobucket

Ponderosa Lemon with the one fruit that I left on the plant.

Photobucket

And a shot of my Moro Blood Orange. Recently pruned back to shape :-)

Photobucket

Josh

o

Beautiful plants, guys. I at least need to find myself a Hummel's Sunset one of these days, sheesh. They're too pretty. Your variegates just blow my mind.

o

Here is mine, though it's looking a little odd right now.

o

Great pictures everyone. Keep them coming, I will try to take some pictures this weekend and post in here. Now that the heatwave has died down here all of my Jades are starting to color up and grow again. I think the summer heat has been pretty brutal everywhere in the USA.

o

Quick snapshot

o

Nice Jades all. Here is the one of mine with some colour now, 'Rubra.'

Christopher

o

Love that rubra!

o

I will take some better pics but here is one for now :)

o

Beautiful!!!

Josh

o

Very nice everyone!

Hummel's Sunset

Hummel's Sunset

Red Horn Tree #2

Red Horn Tree #1

o

Great shots, Doug!

Josh

o

Ol' Stumpy needs a haircut before it comes in for the winter

Photobucket

o

• Posted by whip1 z5 ne Ohio (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 31, 12 at 8:21

Great pics everyone! I love looking at all the different jades! I don't have any good pics yet, but the nights are getting cooler. I'm hoping for some color soon!

o

Hey, Rob!

Jeffrey, Stumpy's lookin' full and flushed!

Josh

o

hi,

just want to show you my new arrivals from Japan.

The first is a special variegated form of "Shin Kagetsu". Some parts of the leaves seem to be resistant against the light induced bleaching that is found in the normal "Shin Kagetsu" (see the pictures of mike). These parts then form distinct green stripes in the bleached leaf. Seems as the cells in this parts have reverted back to normal insensitive cells. Under shade conditions the whole leaf is just green.

Shin Shin

The other new cultivar is a roundleaf jade with a center-variegation (only the middle part is white). The special feature of this sort is that it have additionaly curled leaves ... somewhat simular to C.arborescens undulatifolia alias "Waves".
shin kagetsu2

greetings from Germany,
Ben

o

Ben

Both of them are beautiful.
(and good photos, too). Great colors, and I
like that pink/purlpe? edging on the leaves.
Rina

o

My little Jade in full sun. Not sure if it likes it but it is colorful.

o

In 21st place:

C Ovata
001-2

The Five dollar per plant trip:
Portulacaria Afra

Photobucket

The mishap cut center branch in root.

Photobucket

The other five dollar per plant free clay pot included close out

Crassula portulaceae "Gollum"
Photobucket

Variegated Dwarf P. Afra in need of more than just a trim:

Photobucket

A bit off color ?

o

Nice plants and pots, Wes!
That Haworthia looks clean and pristine!

One minor note - you have there a Crassula ovata 'Hobbit.'

The variegated P. afra is sweet.

Josh

o

One minor note - you have there a Crassula ovata 'Hobbit.'

Opps right you are Josh

RE: Your dragon fruit from seed has 1) To many sides to be a 2) more upright woddy in growing habit dragon fruit. I'm not confirming pic to be a Selenicereus testudo. Yours looks great but is a bit small to rule S. Testudo out.

S.Testudo would still short time flower in a milder fragrant white than the more common GW NBC. If pollinated flowering could produce a more juicy, smaller in size but still a tasty type of dragon fruit that is peeled before eating.

o

Wes, "Dragon fruit" and "Pitaya" are common names that refer to several different plants ;-)

I've been all over the internet asking folks to ID my Dragon fruit, but so far everyone says
that it is too young to tell whether Hylocereus or Selenicereus.

Out of curiosity, why do you say my Dragon fruit has too many sides??? It has 3-sides to the branches.

I am excited to eventually learn what it might be :-)

Josh

o

Hey Wes! I remember that day, the 5 dollar one that is
Your plants are looking outstanding and good job:-) I can't believe you have that other one flowering like that.

Hey Josh! Thanks for much for your pics and the special ones too. Those certainly brightened up my day. I appreciate that.:-0))))))

Noki! Wow, look at you go..Very nice. Very colorful. I want one.

Nikki! Amazing. I remember when you had hardly any as colorful as yours. I love them all. One or two loom very familiar with me. They are looking very nice:-)

Doug, I was hoping you would post some of yours this time of the year. You to Ben! Your jades are wonderful and unique! As Josh said, great pictures.

Ben, I love the very new types you have. Looks like I have my work cut out for me. I just have to add those to my collection.:-) Superb. Mine has colored up dramatically in the past week. I'll post another pic.

Chris. I love the color of yours. The two you gave me are doing very well. I will post them too. Thanks again buddy! We shall chat soon.

Jeff: Love the fat trunk on that. i am still looking to acquire one I can keep that small and in perfect shape like yours.

American: Wow, and I thought I had a lot. you must like every one of them.

Jeffrey_b: Your colors are amazing man. You must know I LOVE that first picture. Looking very colorful I love that this particular jade stays that way all winter long too.

Bikerdoc: BIG and beautiful. I wish I had room for ones that big.

Did I miss anyone? Sheesh, did this thread grow. I can only imagine the colors now since this thread was started. Thank to all. Please keep them coming.

Mike

o

Dragon01

Sorry Josh my eyes dont see the middle growth as good as yours do
3 Wider sides on an upright growing Hylocereus in pic and three to six sharper sides are on Selenicereus.
I dont think you'll be to disappointed if your Selenicerueus gets to grow in a hanging basket

o

From left to right:
Left-most is Crosby Compact Jade
Next is a Gollum Jade
After that is a normal Jade
And the 2 small ones on the right are Hummel sunset jades.

o

Nice, American!

Wes, to be honest, I'll most likely give the Dragon fruit away. I don't have room for one,
let alone two that most folks say would be needed to produce fruit. Also, I'm no fan of the
spines/hairs on cacti.

Definitely not 6 sides on this plant, although it is still young. If it develops the rippled margins
typical of the Hylocereus, I may consider keeping it.

Josh

o

Nice plants everyone!
Greenman,

I really like that christmas cactus! I am propagating some right now.

americangolden,

Nice jades. Are those small ones cuttings?

o

americangolden,

I meant the little plants from your first post. Sorry missed the second one.

o

Hello TheMasterGardener1,

Yes the small ones are cuttings from the large Jade.

o

Thanks! I am getting into propagating cacti. They make great gifts! :)

o

Gonna have to come in soon, but this colored up nicely in full sun...

Photobucket

Close up of foliage...

Photobucket

You could say my weeper is happy ;-)

tj

o

Your weeper looks very happy.

o

Cooler temperatures at night have really started to give my plants some impressive color. It looks like it will continue to get better in the next couple weeks. How are other plants enjoying the cooler night temps?

o

This is one of mine. It's not yet colorful as I live in Florida and it's still in the 90s

~Erin~

Photobucket

o

Thu, Sep 13, 12 at 19:33

Erin,
That's a nice looking Jade! It's nice to see you back too.

Rob

o

My favorite Jade I own :-)

o

Great pics, guys and gals! ;-)

Josh

o

• Posted by rina_ 6a Ont (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 11:42

Trying to see difference in growth in past few weeks; the color looks little 'richer' to me - jade is still outside and temps are down, has been at 50*F (overnight) couple of times.

I am wondering if taking cutting from the 'yellow' part would work, perhaps trying to root a leave?
Any suggestions?

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Rina

o

Can't say mine is terribly colorful at this point but it is hanging in there.

Sept 2012

Sept 2012

o

Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 14:07

Mine are starting to color up. Of course the over night temps are forecast to be in the low 30's, so I had to bring them in.
Photobucket
Rob

o

How old/long have you been growing the ones that have tree trunks? Never seen those before but I'm new to crassulas! :)

o

Very nice everyone! I love them all.

Now, it's that season where it too late for me to get anymore coloring, unless I stick them under lights.
My window of oppurtunity is gone, since I can only hope for a sunny September and beginning of October, and that was shot with these lousy cloudy drizzly days one after another.

Bsmith, was your ? directed at me or who?

Rob, very nice ! And thanks so much again for that plant! It is looking real good.:-) and a couple others here. Unforunetly I loss many e-mails on my computer and have been going through a lot, so I forgot and apologize for thet. I know there is a couple I promised a cutting too. Please remind me if you see this, in my e-mail.

Mike

o

Hey Mike, I emailed you to inform you Woodnative is trying to get ahold of you.

o

Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 20:41

Mike,
I was more than happy to share. It's supposed to warm up a bit over the weekend, and I'll put all of the jades back outside. Over night lows are in the 30s now, and supposed to be in the 40s next week!

o

Not directed to you specifically but to anyone who could answer. Sorry for the confusion.

o

Thank you Stush. i e-mailed you and Chris this a.m. I hope you got it.

Rob, a whole lot of fun, right?lol

Mike

o

Hello Mike and all you Jade friends! ;-)

It's finally starting to feel like Fall out here in the West, and I'll be bringing Jades in soon.
They have a bit of color, but not as impressive as in year's past. Still, I'm enjoying them.

This planter of 'Crosby's Compact' has gone from bright yellow to orange tinged with red.

Photobucket

A dwarf 'Gollum' that is bursting with new growth at the soil-line, as 'Gollum' are wont to do.

Photobucket

Two shots, front and back, of this grouping of 'Hummel's Sunset,' 'Crosby's Compact,' 'Gollum,'
and 'Hobbit.' Really good color on one of the 'Crosby's Compact' - see next pic, bottom left.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last but not least, my 'Hummel's [Golden] Sunset' - in desperate need of a trim next Spring...
got to get 'er filled out with leaves again.

Photobucket

Josh

o

they are all very nice I just bought a jade it looks like one of these you call weeping I was really looking for the small leave one but they just don't send them where I am at.
I would love to have a tall woody looking tree one I know it takes time to grow but they are so beautiful oh when I saw the one that was pruned I could have died I do not think I could do that I know you make cuttings from them all but it would be so hard.
Congratulations to you all and wish me luck with this one I never had a good knowledge on what to plant them in you all look like yours are in small rocks or sand. this one is in soil should I change it to something else that would be a better growing medium than the soil.?

o

Finally did get a 'Hummel's Sunset' a couple months ago, and split it into two plants. It's gonna fall short of most everyone else's color, but still pretty pretty.

I do think the camera almost sucks the yellow hues out of the shots sometimes.

+ the smaller 'Tricolor' finally growing...should get some other variegates for some variety!

o

No worries Teatree! Your jades are still beautiful and what a great idea about splitting them.

We get such a short window span of oppurtunity to get color on our jades in these parts. If there is more cloudy days than sunny by the end of summer, which it usually is in these parts, the revert back to green comes even before I see bright colors.
That is why I have jades that stay colorful all year long as I can see you too have one. It is very nice. I have yet to see my Hummels brightly color up at the expense of a hot sun by day and cold nights.

Josh! Wow, your jades have been busy these days try to put on a show for you. Very nice buddy! The colors are coming in real nice. I in particular LOVE the little yellow one at the top:-)

Mike

o

hi,
here in Germany it starts to freeze at nights right now and i had to bring all my jades inside the house. Just made some pics of 2 different small leaf cultivars at their maximum coloration for this year.

Left "Crosbys Compact", right "Himeougong Kagetsu"
IMG_7513

IMG_7511
both plants have grown under the same light conditions for the whole year. They started to differ in colours just 4 weeks ago ... its a pitty that i now had to bring them inside :(

Two weeks ago i bought a third type of small leaf jade on ebay sold as "Crosbys Compact Sunset" ... should be simular to Hummels Sunset but with small leaves. Next year, when grown under the same conditions, i will see if it the same as "Himeougon Kagetsu"

IMG_7517

regards,
Ben

o

I LOVE those and they are beautiful.. Thank you!

No point in getting excited though, I'll never see one in my collection and never on E-day!

Good to see you by the way! I hope all is well.

Mike

o

Thanks, Mike!

Last night, raccoons tore the hell out of my back deck and tipped over quite a few pots of Jade.
I came home from work and shouted an expletive as soon as I saw what had happened. Curse them!

Ben, fantastic and unique cultivars you always show us!
Danke!

Josh

o

Josh

sorry to hear about those damn raccoons. one good thing about succulents is that they are so tough. hopefully there was no serious damage.

Doug

o

Thanks, Doug.
No serious damage...just a few broken bits and one seriously bent Jade that I'll
have to stake up now. Mostly it amounted to re-filling a bunch of containers with mix.
Such a mess, and a waste of costly potting ingredients, too.

Josh

o

Josh, I am so sorry Pal! I hate those critters. They are so destructive.

I hope you can get that one to grow straight again and I am so glad it didn't destroy your collection. They are worst than cats. How do you rid of that problem?

Good luck man. Ttyl.

Mike

o

Sat, Oct 13, 12 at 20:19

This is how I keep racoons away:
fill some dishes/containers with undiluted Pine Sol. They hate smell of it...I got so desperate once that i splashed half of bottle over the garage roof (they tried to use it as a bathroom...).
It definitely works, only problem is you have to refill if it rains. Everybody I told about it used this and have results.
My neighbours were waiting for them to show up & spray suddenly with hose, but PineSol works for them too.
Rina

o

Thanks, Mike and Rina.
I set up my trap last night...the bait was gone, but no raccoon in the trap....
no more plant damage, though.

Josh

o

Josh, sometimes you just need to feed the detructive bugger to divert its attention away from your precious babies and possibly even like ya.:-)

By the way, don't ever use 'bonemeal' if you have that stuff. I once had a Raccoon party where they didn't leave one bulb plant behind for me in my yard and knocked down all my succulents in the process.

Rina, that's a first. I shall have to try that if I ever have the same problem again.
What about SKUNKS? Is there a solution to that? I have one that likes to remind me he's around every night at about 10p.m!

Mike

o

Sun, Oct 14, 12 at 19:44

Mike

Don't know about skunks; maybe worth trying with Pine sol? Who knows, maybe they don't like the smell too...Rina

o

Hi Mike!!

Love this thread.. so i had to bump it up.

I really love all of these pics!!

Hope to add some of my Jades soon.

Take care all.

Benst.. Those are the most beautiful colors i have ever seen.. Gorgeous!!

Christopher.. Love your Rubra..

Josh, Mike and Everyone...Beautiful pictures!! I love all of them!

SO here i go.. BUMP!!

Take care,

Laura

o

Rina...Thanks...I wish I could get rid of the skunk!

Laura, you are right. There is so many coold looking jades here and all beauties!
Hey, BUMP to you too..lol
I hope you are well these days:-)))
I'll be back with more colorful pics soon, if I can get the sun to stay out for more than 1 day at a time. What a joke these days.

o

Hello and good morning!

Another warm Autumn day in California...we're in the upper 80F's all this week.
Well, I've chased off a few more raccoons, but haven't caught any in my trap just yet.
There's no way that I'd feed those buggers! I feed my cats indoors only to keep other
animals away. I even empty water-dishes at night, which is what the raccoons come after.

I was able to re-pot the messed up Jades, and I wired the worst of them back in place.
I also discovered that several of my Jades are blooming, but that will be a different thread ;-)

Josh

o

Hello all,
Thanks allot for the pine-sol tip. I'll have to try this. I hope it works for ground hogs too. I have tried music to keep raccoons away. My son keeps shutting the radio off. They sell those hi-freq. noise makers but can't tell if they are on. Can't tell if they work. I have heard that raccoons hate noise and loves quite. But I guess all animals adapt.
New to jades and just starting my collection out. If you had to limit your collection to just a few, which would you own? So far I can't find those colorful ones above.
Stush

o

Lovely plants, everyone!

Josh,

Nice colour on your Jades! Must be the nice climate out there in...northern California, is it?

Ben,

You grow some pretty different varieties from most of us here in the States...Wonderful plants you have there...

Laura,

Nice to see you on the other side, hope you visit more often. That 'Rubra' cutting was sent from a nice lady in California quite a while ago. How are your Plumies adapting to being indoors? Or are they still outside?

Christopher

o

Hello old friends...those are all very pretty plants you've got. Congrats!

My succulents as well as other plants are declining :( I didn't have time for them as all my time has been spent tending a very special "plant", our grand-daughter.

Here's my special "jade" to share with you, though. Have a nice weekend.

Thanks for looking

Xuan

o

Hello, Xuan!
Great to see you, although I can't see the Jade!

Stush,
I would recommend these Jades to start your collection: 'Hobbit,' 'Gollum,'
and 'Skinny Fingers' (a variety of Finger Jade similar to 'Gollum'). You'll also want
a small-leaf Jade such as 'Crosby's Compact,' which has nice compact growth and great color.
All the while, look for a 'Hummel's Sunset' for that unique coloration, as well as any
other variegated Jades that catch your eye.

Thanks, Chris! You are correct! A great Autumn climate here in northern California.
Your 'Rubra' has colored up very nice, too.

Josh

o

Xuam,
You do have the most beautiful Jade so far. How old is she? and is she the boss yet? Mine are.
Josh, Thanks, I do have a finger Gollum Jade and Mike is hooking me up with some this spring. Space is limited and you guys had to get me started. As if Sans were not enought. Thanks,
Stush

o

Oh...what happened to my photo???

Sorry, friends. I'm trying to post again.

Have a nice day.

o

Hello Xuan! How have you been? What a beautiful
'gem' you have there. What a cutie. You have been missed on this side of the pond.
Have a great day too and plenty of smiles too.

Stush, come the spring, I will have a few to share with you. I am going to start rooting several once they come in under lights.

Josh, what's up?-)

Here are pics I took today of the same plants. Boy, I didn't think the sun could do anything for them this time of the year. It must because I have them in a sunny window sill and on the roof. It's get cold by night, then nice and warm by day with more than one sunny day lately.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Hello Xuan! How have you been? What a beautiful
'gem' you have there. What a cutie. You have been missed on this side of the pond.
Have a great day too and plenty of smiles too.

Stush, come the spring, I will have a few to share with you. I am going to start rooting several once they come in under lights.

Josh, what's up?-)

Here are pics I took today of the same plants. Boy, I didn't think the sun could do anything for them this time of the year. It must because I have them in a sunny window sill and on the roof. It's get cold by night, then nice and warm by day with more than one sunny day lately.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Beautiful picture, Xuan!
I can see why you've been spending time away from your plants ;-)

Mike, hey buddy! Your Jades grew so many branches this year, they're great to see.

Josh

o

Hey Mike!

Excellent colours on your jades, buddy. Fantastic job, as usual...

Christopher

o

Hello old friends, Mike & Josh

Thanks for your interest in my "gem"...We are so proud of her.

Waiting to see more photos of your lovely plants.

Xuan

o

Hi Mike..and all!
Everything looks wonderful! Just beautiful! I love Jades and seeing them all in one place is great!
It's also a good way to get ideas on pruning. Now all I need is Jades. LOL!
Im guessing this is the thread you told me about on the phone. :-)
Mike,I love the Variegated "Skinny Finger" !

Josh you little "forest" is looking good and sure colored up nice! I hope mother Jade is good and growing strong!

Sorry to hear about the racoons! I just put in a fall garden and something ate it already! LOL! and a rock squirrel ate Jace's pumpkin. lol.. They can be a pain at times.
I have heard that pet hair in small cheesecloth type bags works to keep bunnies away from gardens. Maybe get your kitties to shed around your plants. lol..

I only have one Jade right now and it's looking a little shriveled. lol.. so I will admire all of these for now. :-)

there are too many to go through one at a time and mention.. so I want to say.. EVERYONE'S plants are BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for starting this Mike and to everyone who joined in, thanks for sharing your plants. :-)

JoJo

o

JoJo, it is so great to see you back in action!
I hope things are going well for you and getting back to some semblance of normalcy.
The raccoons did little damage overall...more of a nuisance, but time-consuming to clean up
afterwards. The deer thrashed my variegated Pink Lemon....that was the major bummer of
the season :-(

Josh

o

Jojo!!! I am so happy to see you:-)))))))))
By the way, once you feel you are ready to start a new collection, I am here for you. I have plenty to share, and some of good size too. I'll even start a special one for you:-)
I too love the colorful skinny fingers. All of a sudden it is growing very fast now and they are all under light as of today. i will take a few more pics just for you:-)
Yes, back in action it is !!!

Josh....Did we ever talk of your pink lemon? Now, that is a bummer! It will make a full recovery in no time though. Shoot.

Xuan, it is always great to see you pop in. Hello:-0)

Mike

o

Morning!
Josh, Mike, You guys are the best! :-) I'm not too sure about back in action.. but here and trying! :-) It's time...

I spent yesterday going through what is left of my C & S collection.. Not much and what is needs work. lol...
I have one Jade in sad shape and some I stole from my brother to try and save. lol.. Will try and post pics of them later, need to figure out photobucket. Not sure my password, it's been awhile.

Josh,
so sorry to hear about the lemon. :-( I wish I could blame mine on a critter. But truth is , I forgot to water it. :-( Spring is just around the corner, right? lol..Dreading winter. Ugh!

Mike I think I'm ready to take you up on that offer now if it's safe to ship and you have a few cuttings to spare. I think a few things in my craft room would be nice to get me through the winter.
I hate cold and being cooped up! Need stuff in the plant/craft room. Right now it's just crafts. lol..

I cant help but think of ET when I see a Skinny Finger plant . ;-) lol..

Well..
Need to see what the chicken is yelling about and get my day started. :-)
See you guys soon!
Hugs! and Mike.. one for mom. :-)

JoJo

o

Jojo,

Oh yeah! You are back in action. There is no turning back now:-)
You knew once you came back, you'd be addictd again.lol

Do you have a skiiny fingers left? By the way, once you get back into the swing again, it will become second nature for you. Oh, i have a plant that looks like E'T's finger.lol

Mom sends one right back at you!

Mike

o

I have a lot of big jade plants, but this smaller one has become one of my favorites recently.

o

I have a lot of big jade plants, but this smaller one has become one of my favorites recently.

o

o

Tride26, welcome.

Not only do I love your jade and the shape, but where in the world did you get that pot?
I could use one or two with some of mine. I love them, buty I would love them even better if they were in show piece pots!

Mike

o

hey guys, Mike, Josh,,

...kinda depressing knowing an Indoor crassula will likely never achieve those Colors,,
Nah! just Kiddin lol
SPECTACULAR !!!
i really had no idea they were even capable of such Beauty,
some real Stunners there! its Totally inspiring,, ya's got me kinda hooked even,, think ive got about 12 now,,,
Thanks soo much for sharing the pics! :)
ss

o

I agree with Mike, that pot is perfect for the plant!
Your Jade looks to be a very cool 'Hobbit' with some excellent flaky bark.

Mike, I mentioned the Pink Lemon on the phone, but I haven't posted any pics of it yet....
it'll probably make you want to cry ;-) It really took a thrashing by the deer. But I know that
it will recover eventually.

Josh

o

Ss...E-mail me, ok?

Here is my e-mail...

mikerno_1@yahoo.com.

Josh, I must of had a drink right before you called and missed that all together.lol Oh no, I pity you. That was one plant you worked so hard for soooo long to shape!

Yes Josh, I too LOVE that flakey bark on that 'Hobbit'. You see, sometimes it's all about the bark features that makes a great jade, not just color, size, and shape.

Mike

o

sorry for the triple post. was struggling to figure out how to post that pic. :0

i picked up the pot at palino gardens in Denver.
a local potter makes them. it is stoneware so it is really tough.

o

So no turning back? lol...
Well never really lost my addiction Mike, just misplaced it for a bit. ;-)

No. don't have a skinny finger plant anymore. :-/

JoJo

o

Love everyone's plants!

That baby is SO CUTE, haxuan!!

o

Jojo, that's right and I am glad you found your way back
:-0)

Hum, I can definitely dig up a skinny fingers some where!

Purple,,,Beautiful red tips on bright green leaves. I'll bet your plant is loving the cooler days you have. Nice.

Mike

o

Jojo, that's right and I am glad you found your way back
:-0)

Hum, I can definitely dig up a skinny fingers some where!

Purple,,,Beautiful red tips on bright green leaves. I'll bet your plant is loving the cooler days you have. Nice.

Mike

o

The variegated 'Skinny Fingers' take the cake, Mike! Though, it's really hard to decide. They all look smashing. Can't wait for the day when variegates other than the common 'Tricolor' are available in easier ways. Because your variegates rock.

o

The variegated 'Skinny Fingers' take the cake, Mike! Though, it's really hard to decide. They all look smashing. Can't wait for the day when variegates other than the common 'Tricolor' are available in easier ways. Because your variegates rock.

o

Hi Xuan nice to hear from you, your grand-daughter is a little cutie. Cherish every moment you get to spend with that precious little bundle, they grow up so fast.

LOL you've found me out, yes, succulents are yet another addiction of mine.

The daylilies were a bust this year, the weather just wouldn't co-operate :(.

Annette

o

Here's a picture of eight different Crassula Ovata plant varieties.

Jade's from left to right:
Crassula Ovata Crosby's Compact
Crassula Ovata Gollum
Crassula Ovata Hobbit
Crassula Ovata Hummel's Sunset
Crassula Ovata Red Horn Tree
Crassula Ovata var. obliqua f. variegata 'Tricolor'
Crassula Ovata Bluebird
Crassula Ovata

o

Nice, American!
We need more of these family portraits!

Josh

o

Thank you. I will post some more pictures sometime in the near future.

o

American, I had no idea you had such a nice array of plants. Just locvely! I loved how you named then too. I never do that.lol

Hey Teatree, thanks! I agree but I also do a soft spot for my variegated 'hobbits' too.lol
Thank you:-)

o

Beautiful and nice colors, everyone :)
Here are my jades, just took these pictures today...
Crassula Ovata Crosby's Compact
C.O. Crosby's Compact

Crassula Ovata Hummel's sunset
C.O. Hummel's Sunset

Crassula Ovata Minima
C.O Minima

Crassula Ovata Hobbit
C.O. Hobbit

and a picture of the whole family together.
Crassula Ovata family

Natalia

o

Mine are finally starting to get some color! Here's some pictures!

~Erin~

Here's my hobbit! It's finally starting to make a come-back after that nasty frost last winter that killed a lot of it.
Photobucket

This is a group of gollum I got from a fellow GWer. They're getting some nice color as well!
Photobucket

Here's my tri-color. It's starting to get some pink. I'm having a rough time with this one. It seems to be a very slow grower and finicky. I'm still figuring this one out!
Photobucket

Here's my large jade mentioned a few of my other posts. It's just starting to get some color but it's growing like crazy after I pruned it.
Photobucket

o

Erin, BEAUTIFUL. Look at how nice they look and are coming. Thank you.

Ntailia...Thank you for sharing with us.. They look very nice:-)

Mike

o

Erin, BEAUTIFUL. Look at how nice they look and are coming. Thank you.

Ntailia...Thank you for sharing with us.. They look very nice:-)

Mike

o

Nice Erin!
i'd been watching your post....on that large one...
it really came back around after the trim dint she!? :)
nice pinks on your tri. :)

a cpl of my 'survivors' needing some 'clays',
which i incidently found at the thrift today! :)

Crassula dubia, Crassula arborescens
Photobucket

o

Just took a look at this today, quite like the colours it is displaying now...

Christopher

o

I'll say! Great color!

Josh

o

wow!!

o

Kris, that thing is awesome!

o

Thanks! Seems to like my south facing window...

Christopher.

o

Love the color Christopher!! Very nice...

o

Some leaves are more vivid than others...

Christopher

o

I thought this was the perfect pot for my gollum. It's currently in a south facing window behind a sheer curtain and seems to be happy there

o

Sorry-I don't know how to put in multiple pictures without using Photo-bucket.

Here is one of my Hummel's that is currently getting a lot of moring sun in the sunroom. Lots of red, not much yellow this time of year.

o

Beautiful plants everybody1

This post was edited by Microthrix on Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 14:44

o

No, it's not bad that you don't like Jades....
but it certainly demonstrates a lack of tact on your part to express that opinion here in a Thread where Jade enthusiasts have gathered to delight in these plants. I wish I could say it's just your young age...but there are members many, many times your age who display a similar lack of tact when it comes to these plants. Time was, a person didn't have a nice thing to say, that person didn't say anything at all.

Noto, none of us can post multiple images without photobucket or other image-hosting service. That's how we do it.

Christopher, in that second shot, I like how metallic the underside of the leaves look.

Josh

o

There are succulent plants I don't care for either I choose not to use it as an excuse to distract me away from leaning something about it. Even if in the event of later interest or direct the more enthusiastic then me person to someone who can assist them for better results.
You don't have to have grow or own a Jade to like them at least try to think something positive ( respect) for the person(s) who does.
On a Joe Q. Public forum it helps to be a little less biased on an opinion and maybe even be nice. You never know what help any person on here may offer you on a wide array of different plant as well.

o

Thanks Josh:

I have used PB to post multiple pictures, but it seems like it takes forever and I had a lot of repotting to do. :-)

But at least now I know that using a photo site is the only way to do it.

o

To be clear about Photobucket. Several months ago, to "improve" the Photobucket website experience, they changed things so now it is near impossible to upload several pictures at a time. Rosemarie was working on it but I haven't anything from her. So for now you have to go back and forth to post each link you want to list in a single post.

o

Steps for Photo bucket multiple pic postings

Click on top of PB home page Library to view your library

Select Album on left side of your PB account page that has the photos you want to post

Select the photo you want to post click once on right mouse button on a single pic to be posted

Copy the code in the HTLM code in top box line on right side of page you have open and want to post by clicking on the letters HTML you'll see the yellow box turn yellow and flash the word copied

Move and click mouse to navigate back to the GW page you where wanting to post the pic on
Left side mouse button click once
Slide mouse down the small box that is floating around where the move arrow use to be to the word..... Paste and right click

You'll see a bunch of internet computer langauge words and letters plus characters ON THE GW PAGE your posting the pics on

I have no colorful jade pics stored at this time I selected some other little thing I have PB album stored that is of no relation to Jade

photo 621ff8e3-eb2a-4549-8271-4960673c68d9_zpsdd0d8141.jpg

After seeing the line of HTML CODE
I have to hit HIT ENTER on my keyboard so I can type to you about my not related to Jade plant in the first pic

After which I go back to MY PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT
That is still open on a different tab of my same browser
Below the already open album is a series of pics in the album I selected that are stored
Click on the next pic you want to share
I also have to::: Repeat the HTML copy and paste info steps to post a second unrelated to a jade plant pic

photo 85fc0fb6-25cb-455d-bd8a-68e4da87305f_zpsb9f45175.jpg

Next weeks lesson I talk about how to get people to scroll an entire page of blank info to see my
Colorful jades lol

Hit enter again to continue posting as many pics as you want to or just add the info you want by typing

o

Wes, I understand all that you've written, and thanks. Past versions of Photobucket were set up so you could place a check mark on several pictures, scroll to the bottom of the page, click on "get links" which would open and you could select the appropriate link code for the particular forum, i.e., HTML, IMG, etc. Then return to GW and right click in the Message box, select "paste" and you would see the HTML code of the multiple pictures you selected and this would result in viewable pictures when you submitted your posting. Now, in the "New and Improved" Photobucket, this procedure can't be done; you have to go back and forth loading one line of HTML code at a time. I can't imagine why they changed a good thing

o

Josh: Very well said, my friend.

Honestly I don't know what's not to like about these plants. But to each his own, I guess.

As for my plant, it got all twisted in the crowded window space, and some of the bottom leaves got more exposure to the sun than usual.

Christopher

o

Ground breaking update! I am wrong! There is a way. Select "Organize", using the CTRL key select each picture (SHIFT Key if they are all in a row), then select "LINK" lower right corner. This opens a window to select the necessary code. Window yellows and says, "Copied" then return to GW, right click in the message box and paste. You will note that the word "Center" begins and ends the HTML code. Deleting both will align the pictures to the left margin. This is what happens... I know I've posted these pics before. If you want more space between the pictures, locate the "href". Just before this are carets and a lower case "a". Add a line enter to separate between the carats,

Crassula 'Hummel's Sunset' photo DSC_jade7.jpg

photo DSC_Jade6.jpg
 photo DSC_Jade4.jpg
 photo DSC_Jade3.jpg
 photo DSC_Jade2.jpg

o

On the Photobucket tip-

I have grown completely enamored with their "mobile upload" feature. It's awesome! All you have to do is find the mobile upload # for you account then take all the pix you want on your phone and simply txt them to the #, it's genius really. All the pix get uploaded to your mobile upload album and you can move them/post them till your hearts content from there.

Howard, nice work on the bulk upload. It seems Im finding myself more frequently having to tell folks, that may or may not belong to generational groupings of a time further gone by then my own, that their user error is causing the issue and not poor device/programming production. But unfortunately most if them aren't as cool headed or determined as you and give up learning! :)

Wes, nice work as well! Good PB tutorial my friend. I oy wish that classic PB would actually work on my phone (apple) or maybe that their app was functional. I think the issue I have with their app is just too many pics, it just can't access them quickly enough for it to be useable, for me at least.

o

Thanks Howard I did try and the added information you suggested and it does work.Always something to learn, teach an old dog new trick, words to this effect.

I'm heading to the dog house now. My pic demo plant is so off topic from the topic Colorful Jades I don't know how long I'll be in.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here