Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosemariero6

Alphabet: Letter M

rosemariero6
11 years ago

After a long hiatus, here we go again! Sorry it took me so long to get to the next letter!

Show off your 'M' plants! As before, we will not be a stickler...plant genus or species, common name or cultivar...starting with a 'M'. Past or present, but they should be your own plants. Have fun!

To start us off:

Click for larger view

Mammillaria

{{gwi:610711}} {{gwi:610714}} {{gwi:610719}}

{{gwi:610722}} {{gwi:610725}} {{gwi:610728}}

{{gwi:610731}} {{gwi:610733}} {{gwi:610736}}

{{gwi:610738}} {{gwi:610740}} {{gwi:610742}}

{{gwi:610744}} {{gwi:610746}} {{gwi:610748}}

{{gwi:610750}} {{gwi:610752}} {{gwi:610754}}

Other M plants

{{gwi:610756}} {{gwi:610758}} {{gwi:610760}}

{{gwi:610762}} {{gwi:610764}} {{gwi:567397}}

{{gwi:610767}} {{gwi:610769}}

Okay, let's see yours!

Comments (19)

• johnsonm08
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Matelea cyclophylla
    {{gwi:610771}}

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

here comes my M`s! i like that Matelea cyclophylla by the way ;) theres alot of them ... and sorry for any bad pics, they were phone pics.
    Opuntia Monocantha variegata Monstrose
    {{gwi:584330}}
    Astrophytum Myriostigma nudum in bloom
    {{gwi:580722}}
    astrophytum myriostigma `quad`
    {{gwi:610774}}
    astrophytum myriostigma clump
    {{gwi:610776}}
    Echinopsis lageniformis monstrose.
    {{gwi:610778}}
    a giant mystery mammillaria
    {{gwi:610780}}
    a little mystery mammillaria
    {{gwi:610782}}
    mammillaria bombycina
    {{gwi:610784}}
    Mammillaria matudae
    {{gwi:610787}}
    mammillaria spinosissima subsp. pilcayensis variegata that i found as a lucky find from lowes
    {{gwi:610790}}
    mammillaria elongata `copper king`
    {{gwi:610793}}
    mammillaria elongata `julio and microhelia
    {{gwi:610795}}
    mammillaria bocasana
    {{gwi:610797}}
    mammillaria bocasana monstrose `fred`
    {{gwi:610799}}
    mammillaria hernandezii
    {{gwi:610801}}
    mammillaria perbella and pringlei
    {{gwi:610803}}
    mammillaria mystax and parodia magnifica
    {{gwi:610805}}
    melocactus ferophilus and azureus, and mammillaria plumosa and a mystery
    {{gwi:610807}}
    melocactus violaceus that i got to reroot
    {{gwi:610809}}
    melocactus azureus and matanzanus
    {{gwi:610811}}
    copiapoa tenuissima monstrose
    {{gwi:610814}}
    cereus monstrose
    {{gwi:610816}}
    cereus tetraagonus monstrose
    {{gwi:610818}}
    Pachycereus schottii f. monstrose
    {{gwi:610820}}
    opuntia microdasys monstrose
    {{gwi:610822}}
    sulcorebutia mentosa
    {{gwi:610824}}
    epithelantha micronermis
    {{gwi:610826}}
    lapidaria margaretae
    {{gwi:610828}}
    monadenium ritchii
    {{gwi:610831}}
    i dont know if that was TOO much ... but what ever :P

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    11 years ago

Cool plants, guys!

Aloe marlothii
    {{gwi:610833}}

• 100mphtortoise
    11 years ago

Melocactus zehntneria starters

• 100mphtortoise
    11 years ago

Mystery mammillaria

• 100mphtortoise
    11 years ago

Blue myrtle cactus

• 100mphtortoise
    11 years ago

Blue myrtle cactus

{{gwi:610687}}

• hanzrobo
    11 years ago

Okay! Nice plants everyone! I knew there would be tons of Mammilaria.
    I don't have many cacti but here's a whole bunch of Mesembs beginning with M, and one that doesn't... and one that isn't.
    Each photo is titled at Photobucket so you'll see the names when you click on them. Enjoy!
    {{gwi:610837}} {{gwi:610839}} {{gwi:610841}} {{gwi:610843}} {{gwi:610845}} {{gwi:610847}} {{gwi:610849}}

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

Cool mesembs :D i just want to know one thing ... how do you make the pictures all tiny ... i dont want to take up the whole page with pictures...

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    11 years ago

Zech

Rosemarie posted instructions how to do it (from Photobucket-i don't know where you have your pics). I found them very helpful & saved & printed them. I hope she will not mind me re-posting them:

~Go to your PB album.
    1) Hover over a pic you want to include & mark the box directly beneath the pic. Go to the next pic, repeat & so on~till you have selected the ones you want. If you are going to do ALL the pix in the album, you can skip this part.
    2) Scroll down to bottom of page (here you can check box to Select All-if that is what you want) Click on Choose action.
    3) From drop down menu, select "Generate link codes for selected"
    4) Code link page shows up: select 1st section "Clickable thumbnails" (if will briefly show the word "copied"-then fade)
    5) Go back to tab for GW
    6) Insert what you copied into your post (or your reply) by right-clicking mouse to Paste
    7) I change the code so it does not put just one pic per line. I have found that 4 thumbnails across works best. (You will probably Preview Message many times before clicking the Submit button)
    8) First, I highlight & delete the code for centering at the beginning & the end of the group pic urls. (left arrow center right arrow ~ and the end code has a forward slash in it) You can leave it if you want-I'm not sure what it looks like with blocks like these. I forget. :) Taking it out lines up photos to the left edge.
    9) The way you get one pic next to another: at the end of each pic url (which is indicated by a left arrow, a forward slash, an 'a', & a right arrow) Looks like the following without the spacing I put in: ...you place your cursor after the right arrow, then click space bar once & delete button once. You can go Preview Message to see if it worked, but when back to make corrections, it's sometimes tricky to find your place/where you left off. LOL
    10) Repeat the space/delete sequence after 2 more photo urls. (You will get good at counting photo urls to figure out where you are.)
    11) After 4th pic url, you want to make a line space (to separate the rows), so hit Enter key twice.
    12) Now on to the next block (row) of pix, if there are more...go back to 9) and do again.
    13) It's up to you how many you have in a row. Just Preview Message to check everything before you Submit! You might have gotten 3 in the row instead of 4 & have to go back to adjust. It's good to make note of which pic is out of whack -if named- to find the url with that name to change spacing, etc.
    If you have really short filenames, this will be much easier than when I do it, as mine are very long, making it more fun finding the end of the urls! Also, if you have a free acct, PB sticks an additional blurb in the urls to take folks to pages with advertising. You can delete this if it's there, but I think I'd confuse more if I tried to explain.
    Remember... EACH time you make a change, you have to click the Preview Message button or the change will not be made when you click on Submit Message.
    If you goof on something, you can always go back~restart or recopy. It just take a bit more time...if you have it! Once you've done it a few times, it'll be a cinch!

Rosemarie, thank you again...
    Rina

• hanzrobo
    11 years ago

Zeck, I'm in a rush but I found the thread where RoRo taught us all to thumbnail.
    Here it is.

Here is a link that might be useful: clickable thumbnail tutorial

• rosemariero6
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rina, I don't mind at all! Thanks for re-posting! Pretty soon I'll have to tweak those instructions a bit, though, as I tried out Photobucket's beta program they plan to launch soon. Things are a bit different.

Mike (Johnsonm08), I may not have ever seen a Matalea before, or if so, only once. Very nice!!

Zeck, Take a look at M. hahniana ssp. woodsii as a possibility for your giant mystery unknown M. Wonderful group of M plants you have there!

Beautiful Aloe marlothii, Hoovb!

Neat plants, 100mphtortoise! I like all the blue cactus!

Ryan, fabulous mesembs...and non! LOL Wonderful to see the babies!

• hanzrobo
    11 years ago

Whoops! Our posts overlapped. Rina, we must have been typing at the same time.
    Ro, thanks. I'm excited about the Moringa. Maybe I'll get to see it grow into a big, fat tree.

• Dzitmoidonc
    11 years ago

This is going to look like just code? It doesn't let you see the thumbnail? If nothing appears, I'll upload some later when I have time.
    [URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/AlbusAlbuseser/Plants/DSCF4195.jpg][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/AlbusAlbuseser/Plants/th_DSCF4195.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

• rosemariero6
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Dzit...you need to use the HTML code instead of the IMG code. =)

Click for larger view:

{{gwi:610851}}

• Kaegen Lau
    11 years ago

A little Melocactus matanzanus. I regret it's not a recent photo, but I'm glad I'm starting to get comfortable with the process of posting pics!

My laptop refuses to copy and paste anything into the message field (only into the toolbar's search feature). So, I had to type out the whole code by hand! Whew! This sure makes me appreciate a healthy computer's ability to do even the simplest of tasks!

{{gwi:610853}}

After some research, I have found that the little Parodia I had to re-root most resembles a P. ottonis ssp. venclusianus. When it flowers next summer, I'll know for sure what it is. In the meantime, it's now recovered 70% of its original size and has never been growing healthier! The other third of the plant's height remains shriveling, adding to the base.

• linda_denman_island
    11 years ago

Maihuenia poeppigii

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

Ooooo so pretty! Ive always wanted one of those but could not find one ...

• aseedisapromise
    11 years ago

Wow! Got cacti anyone? And Mesembs! Here's E milii X morati: