Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lcadena

Nose Dive

lcadena
10 years ago

Took a nose dive into this plant the other night and got hurt pretty bad in the process. As you can see, one stalk laying on the ground, another about to come off. Also broke some new clay pots I had just purchased. Just thought you'd enjoy a good laugh about the perils of collecting cacti. I turned out worse than the plant. Lol!

Comments (6)

• notolover
    10 years ago

Ouch! That had to have hurt--be honest, did you trip on the hose? :-) ( I only ask because I'm always doing things like that.)

It could have been worse, you could have fallen into a Teddy Bear Cholla....

• avery09
    10 years ago

Oh no! That's horrible. Hope you get better soon.

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

OMG,Ouch.Hope you didn't get hurt too bad.
    I backed up into a cactus yesterday while picking plums,i was trying to climb up on the wall(I know,dumb) and didn't quite make it,but backed into the cactus and it stuck me in the butt.Decided I didn't need those plums that were out of my reach that bad.
    Kathi

• kaktuskris
    10 years ago

Indeed it could have been worse. Speaking of Cholla...Here is an infamous photo from a couple of years back of a golfer who fell into one. Sorry, gotta laugh at this one, the golfer should have known better.

Christopher

• lcadena
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I tripped trying to go back to my stoop and stepped between a cactus and succulent. I think I tripped on the fake concrete brick scallop edging. I too am always falling over something. To make things funnier, it was a good thing it was dark because I was wearing a knee length nightgown and anyone driving by could have seen parts that haven't been shown to anyone outside of my bathroom in years. Lol. My kids had to help me up while yelling at me for falling, like I did it on purpose. Anyway, thought you would enjoy a laugh!

• laura1
    10 years ago

Icadena-you know you will heal but those pots will always be broken! :-)

Really, sorry for your accident. Looks like one of my stunts.

But it does remind me of a story of my husband when he was growing up. His father was a funeral director and DH sometimes had to help move a casket. The directions were to keep hands/knuckles on the outside when taking corners. Knuckles will heal but the casket wouldn't.