Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Euphorbia milii growth

Posted by planetann 9A (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 13:24

I have an Euphorbia milii that seems healthy enough and blooms regularly. But it has become spindly and the 'branches" are dropping and curling in interesting ways. Is this normal or it it trying to tell me something?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Euphorbia milii growth

To wet for certain. in my opinion pot is to big to deep and to wide. Top soil line looks ok but may have a perching water line in the pot.

Would repot into smaller remixing the already seen ( even wet) soil, cut the weeping branches ( mist to slow & help stop while avoiding any contact with white sap) I'd forgo flowering at this time and no watering for a while.

o

should I cut the weeping branches at their base? And pinch off the flowers?

And what is a "perching" water line?

much thanks!

o

Not usuall to do but will.... You'll see a suggested cutting plan at the bottom it's your plant and is just a suggestion

Perching water line or PWT (T meaning table in PWT) is an area in the soil where moisture has accumulated and may have formed a very wet area.

Moisture build up from a PWT soil is sometimes soupy or a sloppy mud area in the soil.

Sometimes PWT is a result of a compacted soil area in the soil where moisture is impeded from flowing evenly.

Apx 10 million Good draining soil Ideas mentioned on this forum if you want to concider or if needed

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here