Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hijole

First-time blooming :

hijole
9 years ago

Well here's a first time bloomer for me I've had it a few years now and had no idea what the bloom would look like and the nice thing is that it's been doing this now for about a week now, and I'm loving it.

Greg

Ok no picture sorry, I just got a new phone and the pictures are looking good but I have to figure out how to post the pictures :/

I'm following the same method for the other phone but they're not showing up on my posts. Any ideas, I realize this isn't a cacti question but you guys are my friends right? :)

Greg

Comments (23)

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

Look above where you're typing your message there's a grey button type thing that reads "choose file" click on that than you have to take a pict I just tried choosing existing we'll see if it works this time before when I would have to choose to take a picture because it wouldn't upload an existing. Hope this helps!! And just incase it does come up yes it has been repotted in a better mix lol

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

It worked! So apparently now I can choose existing. But something that happens to me is any pic I take in the choose file DOESNT get saved in the pics on my phone. Hopefully I've gotten to repay the favor of helping you now!! Lol I can't wait to see your blooms!!! :)

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ok I'm going to try it out again. Nope its not appearing still. I was pressing the choose files, then it goes to pictures, I press on the one I want an then on Preview and the word's I shared appear but no picture.

Hmmm... things that make you go hmm....

Thanks for trying Lilbit I feel a lot better. I'm working on it.

Greg

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

Try just choosing take a pic because it wouldn't work for me with choose existing FOREVER this was the VERY FIRST time it ever worked for me when I chose existing. Lol I know I didn't do ANYTHING differently than b4 so I don't know why it actually worked for me this time. I hope it works for you. What type of phone are you using?

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ok I'll try that lilbit, let see let me see...
    I'll be back.
    Greg

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

Good luck Greg!! :)

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Test

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

Are you clicking the "choose file button" at the top? I don't understand why it's not working. I'm sorry Greg :(

• kathi_mdgd
    9 years ago

That's why i have a love /hate relationship with new technology.LOL

Hi greg,i havn't been here much,my camera took a dump,and i'm looking for a new one.I have an older one somewhere,just have to remember where i stashed it..
    Kathi

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks lilit, and Kathy, I'm still lol kathy, and I threw the towel in lilbit tomorrow I'm headed to Sprint to get to the bottom of this, I'm sure it's something simple but not for hijole! :)

Maybe tomorrow will see those blooms finally& they are still performing too .

Greg

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

I can't wait!! :)

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    9 years ago

Greg,
    Check with some kid on the street. I bet he'll know how.
    Myself, I hate cell phones. Mine is so old it has a rotary dial. I never use it. House line is different.
    Stush

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Stush, lol... ain't that the truth. Why don't cell phones come with easy 1, 2, 3'.. steps, and please don't anyone say they do either :)
    Lilbit, I was headed to the Sprint store today but that didn't happen hopefully tomorrow, Thanks for hanging in there and waiting . On a better note, my bloom is still blooming I'm serious! Really!..

Greg

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

Great Greg, I'm glad to hear it! I can't wait to see it!! :)

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Voila!! Ok so here's the bloom I've been trying to post, omg, I went to the Sprint store they said basically we don't know how to do this :/ oh brother!!!

So my son calls and asked what are you up to, I told him I'm trying to figure out how to share my pictures on the garden web. He says, Oh I can do that. I said, WHAT! Went didn't you tell me, lol... He said, Why didn't you ask me.

So here is what the problem was, the file was too large and it need to be cropped.

Lol stush, you were right.

So after all that here it is.

Greg

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

It was worth the wait! Beautiful! :)

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Bloom in pot , boy I have a lot to learn on my new phone, So I asked, what's the difference from up loading this picture and the one before this one?

To complicated tmi.

Greg

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ok, so here's another shot of another one I've potted up I love these colors, I drilled a hole in this pot which by the way my bird bath without drainage holes was not a success, I had to remove my plants before they all died, they started looking grey in color very sickly. So I removed them and placed little pots in the bird bath just resting in there not planted. Much better results.

Drilling holes in that bird bath seemed like a tough job seeing it is made of very heavy cement and it's very THICK. any suggestions for drilling holes in them?

Greg

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

I'm SOOO glad it got it to work for you Greg! It's beautiful!! :)

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

(The camera) what about a pretty heavy duty drill? Have you tried yet?

• Enterotoxigenic00
    9 years ago

I enjoy all your pics.
    The flower is so vibrant. Can't wait for mine to bloom.
    Karen

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you LilBit & Karen, I really enjoy these plants (cacti & succulents) and love sharing my pictures on here as I also enjoy seeing other folks pictures when they post them on here. Thanks for your comments it sure is nice to be able to post mine on here now I was getting a little upset with having my hand tied. Lol...

Have a great week, Greg

• sweetlily
    9 years ago

Wow!!--for the beautiful pics!! (love the arrangement you made too) and Wow!!--for being able to get them posted!! I went into the camera place for the umpteenth time to have them show me again how to put the battery in the recharger. This fellow made it seem like nothing. Drew + and - signs on the battery even. Came home. Nope, wouldn't work tho I tried a zillion times. Daughter came in yesterday and said what's this? I told her problem. She put it in (first time) and said--doesn't this symbol mean it's charging? Yes, of course it was. Good to have a kid around! ;D Still have to take pics and try to post them.... :[

Cheers!

This post was edited by sweetlily on Tue, Aug 12, 14 at 16:37