Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spikef35

Questions

spikef35
9 years ago

My old lady cactus mimmaleria isn't growing and should I take the spent blooms off of my cacti they have been on for months

Comments (8)

• spikef35
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Answer

• _sbgibbons_
    9 years ago

I don't think that's an old lady cactus. They are hairy and have pink flowers. Here's mine. I hope that helps you. I'm not sure what it is though, I'm sorry. But I'm sure one of the pros will chime in and help would with the growth issue. :)

This post was edited by Sbgibbons on Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 17:39

• spikef35
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The one I showed has buds that have flowered and have been on for awhile

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

Maybe no one that knows has seen it yet spike......you have to be patient sometimes. Some people work on the weekends like myself......noones trying to be rude but you kind of are........sort of demanding help maybe noones comfortable giving an answer because there not 100 percent sure so please be patient :)

• spikef35
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sorry :)

• Crenda 10A SW FL
    9 years ago

I do not grow cacti, so I cannot give you answers specific to your plant. However, I remove spent flowers from my plants unless I am trying to collect seeds.

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

It's ok...... see you just got a little help :)

• rosemariero
    9 years ago

It looks more like a Notocactus (or perhaps it's been reclassified as Parodia, not sure). Is your pic upside-down when you post it? Some cactus are slow growers. That's just their way. Yes, I see a spent bloom, which you can remove at any time if you like. I also see several buds...of blooms coming. I think I'd be happy about that. The flower says to me it is NOT a Mammillaria.

Another tip: quit making separate posts ~to say sorry or otherwise. You can always add your apologies (or whatever) to the thread you've started. It gets very confusing about which post you're referring when you keep starting new ones.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting