Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bikerdoc5968

Patterns Revisited

There's something about a plant that attracts us or I guess we wouldn't enjoy this hobby. For some the flower holds our interest. Others enjoy a fragrance, while the pattern or appearance holds our interest. As many of you appreciate, Echeveria flowers aren't much although they do last a long time. For me their beautiful patterns and colors peaks my interest in this genus. I trust you will enjoy some of these.

{{gwi:616919}}{{gwi:616921}}{{gwi:616923}}{{gwi:616924}}

{{gwi:616926}}{{gwi:616928}}{{gwi:616930}}{{gwi:616932}}

{{gwi:616933}}{{gwi:616935}}{{gwi:616937}}{{gwi:616939}}="http:>

{{gwi:616941}}{{gwi:616943}}

This post was edited by bikerdoc5968 on Mon, Aug 4, 14 at 20:43

Comments (19)

• rosemariero
    9 years ago

I'm a pattern lover (one of many reasons I enjoy sux) & yours are certainly beauties & eye-catchers, Howard! Thanks for the show!

• ssk22 Ohio 5b
    9 years ago

Every plant is a beauty Howard.
    Love each and everyone. Thanks for sharing
    Sharon

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks to both of you for your wonderful comments... makes the heart warm and fuzzy!!!!

• stoneys_fatali
    9 years ago

Beautiful plants! All life is beautiful :-)

Stoney

• seedmoney
    9 years ago

Howard,
    Oh my...
    Gotta say your E. 'Raindrops' is da bomb. Do you know the parents? Where did you find her? Does she have kin? ;-)

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

To cool for words kind of like looking at some prehistoric dinosaurs skin ,nice geometrics

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Julie, many of these are Dick Wright hybrids, 'Raindrops' being one of them. I don't know the
    parentage but if you write Mr. Wright (wrightnursery@msn.com), he might reply. He has ALWAYS
    been very kind to me in his replies. It may take several days to hear from him as he
    continues to grow plants and carry on a business by himself at age 85, as he says.

Some of these were found at a local nursery while others I got from Tina Zunker at http://www.succulents.us/echeveriaraindrops.html. Tina has some very nice
    Dick Wright hybrids. Keep in mind these are
    not for the faint of heart, financially!!!!!! I paid dearly for many of these. NB: This is NOT an
    advertisement or promotional plug for her; just answering your query.

I have recently beheaded several of my
    Dick Wright hybrids and should have a few
    offsets by next growing season.

You can purchase Mr. Wright's plants from him for a "Price". He has an eBay store,

http://www.ebay.com/sch/wrightnursery760/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_ipg&_from&_clu=2&_fcid=1&_localstpos=48322&_stpos=48322&gbr=1&_trksid=p2046732.m339

but currently has nothing listed. You have to check back from time to time.

Here is a link that might be useful: Succulent Gardening

This post was edited by bikerdoc5968 on Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 5:46

• seedmoney
    9 years ago

biker doc wrote:
    " Keep in mind these are not for the faint of heart, financially!!!!!! I paid dearly for many of these. "
    Yep, warts and carbuncles cost ;-)
    Howard, I'm going to put in an order with Tina. Does she bare root her plants for shipping or do they come in a pot with soil? I have seen her site before but didn't know what reputation her company had. Did your plants from her arrive in a timely manner and were you satisfied with the quality?
    Thank you!

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Julie, I sent an email to you. If you didn't receive it, let me know.

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    9 years ago

Howard,
    Very nice as usual. Hope mine does 1/2 as nice.
    Stush

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    9 years ago

Howard,
    You are King of the Echeverias...great variety, great growing.

Rina

• rosemariero
    9 years ago

Yes, Howard...King of the Echeveria...You should've taken my 'Truffles' while we were talking about it awhile back...because is it gone now! ;(

We use to have a forumee who held that title, but he no longer frequents this one. His name was Brad. Went by the moniker Paracelsus. You guys would've had a blast talking shop about Echies! It's a shame he isn't around anymore.

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, but I certainly not the Master of Echies! Trust me I've knocked off my fair share over the years. I will say I'm embarking on a new course with all my Dick Wright hybrids. I only hope I lifelong enough to see them develop into the magnificent plants they are. Mr. Wright is truly THE MASTER.

Rosemarie, what happened? It was a beautiful plant

And if you want to see some wonderful Echeveria go to this website. Unfortunately, it's down under but the EYE CANDY is something to see.

http://www.echeveriasinoz.com/index.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Echeverias In Oz

This post was edited by bikerdoc5968 on Fri, Aug 8, 14 at 7:58

• kathi_mdgd
    9 years ago

Those are so cool,i really like that one that's by itself in the 2nd row of the first set of pics.looks like polka dots to me.Love all the different kinds of bumps,very interesting.
    Kathi

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    Original Author
    9 years ago

For those interested, Dick Wright has a new offering of Echeveria. He's doing things differently this time; no bidding just buy now. His store is on eBay.

seller:wrightnursery760

• seedmoney
    9 years ago

Howard,
    You enabler, you ;-)
    Echeveria 'Rain Drops' and Echeveria 'Paul Bunyan' on their way. Thanks for the heads up. Buying something from Mr. Wright is like holding history in your hand.
    Best,
    Julie

• paul_
    9 years ago

Some beautiful plants you have there, Howard. Raindrop is one of my favorites of those you've shown.

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

Hi bikerdoc, how are they sent? Bare rooted? Call me ignorant but there's a few I want to get but can't pull those details up lol. Looking forward to hearing from you!
    -Christy

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Julie, I'm not any more an enabler than the next person. Some have asked where I've purchased plants and I am glad this forum allows this kind of information exchange without some "prima donna" having a disjointed nose! I know you'll like what he sends as I have so many. Keep in mind what you will receive is NOT an adult mature plant. It may take a few years and some beheading before it "looks" like what you expect. Having said this, the two you've purchased tend to develop their "character" at a rather young age. And, if you like these, he has some other great caruncled plants as he is the Master of Caruncles!!!!

Christy, Mr Wright ships bare root as do many vendors. He will also ship fresh cut plants, as long as you are comfortable with rooting them. These are not for the faint of heart.

Thank you one and all for your wonderful comments.

Howard

This post was edited by bikerdoc5968 on Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 17:19