Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kassissia

Echeveria plants dying?

kassissia
10 years ago

Hello,
I am a complete novice when it comes to plants. I recently was given two small echeveria plants, they came potted in a relatively small pot with no drainage hole and three other plant - one taller leafy one that I don't know the name but is definitely not a succulent, one small round cactus type, and one that is more of a vine?? The echeveria leaves started wilting within a few days. I had been told only to water the pot every couple of weeks but the leafier plant clearly needed water and I thought it might be the same for the echeveria. After watering, the leafy plant was fine. It has now been almost a month since I got the plants and the two echeveria barely have any healthy leaves (just the ones in the rosette). I followed online advice for others with a similar problem and removed the two echeveria from the pot yesterday. I have them sitting in an area without direct sunlight (all the plants live inside), but I feel they look even worse and I don't know how to tell if the roots had really rotted. I am really worried I will kill these plants; I want to re-pot them in a pot on their own with a drainage hole but am unsure how to go about this or how much water to give at first. Keep in mind I am new to all this; I would be very sad to kill these plants as they were a very special gift. Please help... I have included a picture of one of them where you can see the root part. The other one is similar but not exactly the same variety.

Comments (2)