Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gotme_gw

more yemeni succulent ids (half-dozen pics)

gotme
13 years ago

Hello all,

You may remember me from a while back when I was asking for an ID on what turned out to be a senecio sempervivus.

In any case, I am now armed with more Yemeni succulents for ID. Or rather, I found them here at a nursery and was told they are native to Yemen. This may or may not actually be true, but since the nurseries often have local plants mixed with others I wouldn't be surprised if at least a few of them were natives.

#1: the tubular cacti in the middle and the one on the right were both said to be local plants.

{{gwi:618191}}

#2: the middle succulent i know is definitely a yemeni plant. this one i found in taiz, around 6500ft. the locals say they call it "monkey " -- "dancing monkeys" or "monkey traps" -- I forget exactly.

{{gwi:618192}}

another view:

{{gwi:618193}}

#3: the succulent on the left is supposedly yemeni, as is the variegated-looking cactus on the right, which i have seen growing on hillsides.

{{gwi:618194}}

here is another view (sorry, it is blurry) of a larger one i used to grow on my roof:

{{gwi:618195}}

#4: the spindly plant on the right i used to grow on my roof as well, and i see it all over in the nurseries and gardens here. it must be related to kalanchoe daigremontiana, but i'm not sure whether it is native to yemen or not.

{{gwi:618197}}

Well, I think that is all for now. Thanks if you can provide any IDs or advice.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Uncommon Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Turnkey Interior Design Studio in Loudoun County, VA