Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenman28

Jade cutting - re-pot (pics)

Howdy! I had to re-pot this cutting today, and I took a few pics...thought some of you might be interested. If you recall, I received this cutting from my sister, back around the middle of December. I've linked to the original Thread below (which is a treasure trove of pics!). Here's the cutting - its own plant now - eight months later.

{{gwi:508970}}

The reason for the re-pot was that potting mix was falling through the drainage holes and had created an open "pocket" inside the pot. So, I wanted to re-screen the drainage holes and re-fill the pot. The loose, gritty mix made it easy: the pumice, gravel, bark, and perlite fell away from the roots gently, causing no damage at all. Pretty good root-growth!

{{gwi:55328}}

When re-filling the pot, I added quartz gravel and some fresh fir-bark. The original mix had a higher percentage of pumice, which holds a significant amount of moisture - so I was looking to correct that, too. Here's a shot of the potting mix, with quartz and bark added.

{{gwi:619308}}

That's all for now. I'll wait about a week to water, give or take a few days, and then we should be back in business!

Josh

Here is a link that might be useful: Plucked my Jade's leaves (pics)

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County