Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
notolover

Blooms, blooms, blooms

notolover
10 years ago

Haven't been posting much; back on 7 day, weeks; 10 hour days at work.

And wouldn't you know it, all my Echinopsis hybrids started blooming. Tried to get some pics, but most aren't to my satisfaction. I thought I had a new favorite; Schick hybrid Antimatter. The colors are amazing, but then the Maria Piazza bloomed and the 5" flowers had me in awe. That's the fun of it I guess :-)

Here's a pic of Antimatter.

Comments (8)

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

That's fabulous!

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

OMG,that's gorgeous.TFS
    kathi

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    10 years ago

Not only is the flower a real beauty, but RoRo, your "WOW" is something else!

• Enterotoxigenic00
    10 years ago

Beautiful!
    K

• paul_
    10 years ago

That is an awesome bloom!

• CactusN00b
    10 years ago

Added to my list ... That is amazing color! TFS

• notolover
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all the kind comments. My camera did a pretty good job capturing the colors and that's not usually the case.

My Paramount stars and stripes bloomed for the first time, too. I love the classics, but it reminds me of Schick flatty cake. Although fc's flowers are much bigger and they smell nice, too.

I'm just glad those hybrid pioneers had the imagination and patience to develop these beauties :-)

And I owe someone a big THANK YOU. Sorry I don't remember who it was, but they suggested adding vinegar to the water to keep hard water from disfiguring the plants and allowing the plants to access the nutrients in the soil.

I've done that all summer and my plants seem much happier. It's too late for most of my Notocactus (a lot of them are very ugly), but I'll do it from now on to prevent future damage.