Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Echeveria 'Pappy's Rose' ???

Posted by aftermidnight Z8 V. Island B.C. (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 18:54

I still have a lot ID...ing to do, I've been googling and this one seems to resemble "Pappy's Rose", what do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Echeveria 'Pappy's Rose' ???

More like Ol' Pap's Nose....no, Annette, I know nothing, but it's a nicely-coloured cristate, isn't it! And you definitely have a better stocked nursery there - is this another anniversary gift or that was yesterday?

o

Lol, this one is from my first trip to that garden centre in June. Actually I have three of these, one had more red on it but the color is fading and now I'm thinking it's the same as the other too.
My first trip over to the mainland I bought quite a few succulents in small pots (very reasonable) thinking of making up some containers, now the little suckers are growing like mad and I haven't bought the containers yet so I'm potting them on.
I've always had a couple of Cactus along with Echeverias, Sempervivums, Sedums, Kalanchoes and Crassulas but I haven't known the cultivar names of most of them, now I'm trying to identify them.

Annette

o

• Posted by teatree zone 8b/Oregon (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 22:50

These cristates you've got are gorgeous. Keep loving them. I'd be thrilled.

o

Thanks Colleen, I'm really getting to like these guys. Here's a pic (not the best) of the two cristates side by side, parts of the redder one are starting to look more like the one on the right and the smaller one not in the picture is identical to the one on the right.

o

Lovely plants! Sometimes it's not so easy to identify a plant as I have learned. The people at nurseries really don't know, and the labels on the pots are usually not accurate. Your best bet is to post photos of a plant on this forum. The people here are experts with tons of experience and will give you the most accurate answers!

o

I bet when RoRo steps in we'll have our answer like white on rice.

Annette, I've got a little one of these, about 1/358th the size of the one in the pic below, I could send you, along with your Aeonium.

Photobucket

The Crests By Annette Movement (CAM), not to be confused with that other CAM, was born here and now.

o

Jeff, thanks for the offer I'd love one. I went out and took a closeup of the third one, do you want it or the one in the first picture I don't need three.

Annette

o

Annette,

Thank you, and I hope I sound gracious, but no, it doesn't get my knickers in a knot like, for example, the plant in the link does. I'll bet you have other crests, though, that I'd be overjoyed by having a cutting of.

Here is a link that might be useful: I'm To Get One of These Next Month

o

Darn, now I have drool all over my keyboard.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here