Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jade Plant Disease

Posted by aardito Florida (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 23, 10 at 19:12

I have had this Jade plant for over 2 years. It did live outside and I moved 8 months ago and has been inside. I also re-potted it about 3 months ago into a bigger pot because he started to look droopy. Now he has cracks all over some of the leaves and the leaves actually break apart, the bottom of some of the leaves is also turned black. I haven't seen anything like this before and cant find anything similar on other posts. Please help!! This is my favorite plant!! Thank you!
Click the thumbnail below to see other pictures.
Jade

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jade Plant Disease

Too much water and humidity, the leaves crack, and the water oozes out and dries. What you seeing is the white stuff you see on pots that is left over from the water. Trim off the end of the stems, (pinch back) don't water and let the new leaves grow clean, if it is humid don't water. The plant will absorb what it needs from the air.
They do not do will with your growing conditions, it actually hates it and that is the only way it can tell you that something is wrong. Norma

o
Next two months

This is the critical time, cut back on water, and put plant in bright shade. These next two months will be the critial months. Hold way back on water at this time. No peat moss, nothing that holds water and builds humidity.
At this time of the year we hare having 105F to 108% we think is will cool down in the next two days, our humidity is up as well. I really think the next 3 mo. will be critical, but the plant back about Oct 1 when you see a cool down trend. It like to be crowded in the pot in order to flower,it likes cool night down even 30F it will tolerage a light frost if it isn't wet, you will see batter colors at this time of the season as well.
if you have time look for previous posts regarding'Jade plants' There has been enough written this past year to write a book, hint, hint , hint to all of you who read this. I haven't been responding to 'Jade' questiions. Norma

o
RE: Jade Plant Disease

I have a jade tree. Its about 3 feet tall. Last year it was so amazing, now it is balding. A month back, leaves started turning black and started dropping. Nursery said may have over watred it, we are letting it dry but still falling. Some leaves have begun to dry. It is about 10 feet away from air conditioner. Have read a lot about it, would like to save this amazing tree.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here