Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
growforit

Posting a picture vs. posting a link - How to instructions

growforit
17 years ago

This maybe be old or useless news to some ---- so I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds here.

But since I had a little trouble figuring out how to post an 'active' picture of a succulent on the Garden Web boards [vs. simply providing a link to Photobucket] Â I thought I'd try and make it easy/easier for those wanting to post pictures that actually show up in message board posts.

If my directions don't make sense, or someone spots where I messed something up, feel free to do suggest any corrections. Or if I flat out wrong, please make fun of me, I'll deserve it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Posting pictures vs. posting links:

USE PHOTOBUCKET, seems to work easier than IMAGESHACK [at least I think it does]

[Assuming you've already created an account with Photobucket] [I use Mozilla Fire Fox too]

1.In Photobucket's site, select the 'My Album' option.

2.Find and Upload an image using the 'Browse' button. When you locate the file [aka the photo you want to use] left-click to highlight it's name and select the 'Open' button. The name of the file will appear next to the 'Browse' button. Select the 'Submit' button below.

3.A new window should open in Photobucket ['Current album' window] and you should see the uploaded image [you may have to scroll down a bit]

HERE'S THE CRUCIAL STEP --- to make sure your image will appear 'active' in your Garden Web post versus a link:

BE SURE TO CHOSE THE FILE FROM THE 'TAG' SECTION/WINDOW.

4.Right-click and 'copy' the file name from the middle 'TAG' window.

5.Go to Garden Web message board, and right-click and 'paste' the file name directly into the ' "Message:" section. This can be done when creating a new message or adding a 'photo' reply ;-)

6.Select 'Preview Message' button to make sure the image shows up. It should. Cross your Crassulas...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I can see where posting a 'link' is a good option when someone is trying to send you to a nice gallery of succulent pics, but personally, if someone is just posting one or two pics of a succulent, I'd prefer an 'active' photo versus a link  especially if the link is 'dead' link & needs to be copied and pasted.

Hope this helps some folks out  best intentions meant....

Now let's see some pics of your lovely succulents ;-)

Like this gem provided by biwako_of_abi of San Diego

{{gwi:624957}}

By the way biwako of abi,,,,I've altered you pic a bit to ask a question,,,beautiful stuff!

{{gwi:624958}}

Comments (6)