Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rosey Prison Break?

Posted by divaelpaso z8aTexas (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 22:01

I bought a glued-rock succulent prison in order to obtain the "roses". I have no idea what they are or how to care for them beyond general succulent care, but I'd like to set them free! Can someone please tell their name & the best way to do it?
Thanks!
Kimberly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rosey Prison Break?

Hi Kimberly,
The gold plant in the photo looks like Sedum adolphii 'Golden Sedum' to me. The rock prison is easy to break up, I use the a spoon handlefacing away from the plants. Once you break the thin layer the rest will come off by hand.
Health and happiness,
Dory

o

The plant in the pic is actually Aeonium nobile. I bought one of these to get a variegated mammillaria and i just took each one off one by one. And as said above, once the top layer comes off the rest just come off by hand.

o

Thanks for the responses! They have been freed & are now in their own pot in part shade. They were green when i brought them home & the 100 degee weather has maxed out their color. They were already in part shade but deeper now. In El Paso the sun seems to beam into the shade. Thanks SO much !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here