Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kwie2011

Navigating the forum

kwie2011
9 years ago

I'm asking this here because there doesn't seem to be a place to ask, or even to look it up. Some of you know this forum pretty well, so maybe you can help.

1. How do I edit a post?

2. How can I find all my posts, or all any user's posts?

Thanks for any help, guys.

Comments (14)

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

You put "posts by "user's name"" that works for me. The only way I know how to edit is before I hit "submit" so we'll both get to hopefully learn how to edit AFTER we've posted lol

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

Oh I just saw how to edit, it's in the upper right hand corner of the post. "New! Edit post"

• kwie2011
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Brilliant! Worked like a charm! You're a genius. I've no idea how you figured that out. I'd have been at it eons before I got it right. Thank you!

Don't know how long it would've taken me to see that little "edit" link either. So glad you spotted it.

Thanks LilBit! :-D

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

The search function is pretty poor....I have more luck with Google.

Josh

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

You're welcome! ;)

• kathi_mdgd
    9 years ago

To find my own older posts,i just go to the top right,under where it says welcome*** and put my name as i use it here on this forum into that Search box,and click on search.It brings up everything i posted here.You can do this at each of the forums.
    HTH
    Kathi

• 0nametaken0
    9 years ago

I dont really consider this a forum.

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    9 years ago

RIght, and yet you post here and ask questions. Kind of defeats your consideration.

• 0nametaken0
    9 years ago

Its an outdated messaging board/forum, needs serious upgrading. Its hard to navigate and not really that friendly. Im hoping someday this will look like CactiGuide.com. Thats an actual forum and looks like all other forums online. By definition this might be a forum but hardly looks like one.

• kwie2011
    Original Author
    9 years ago

@NameTaken, yes, but look at the size of it. It is gigantic. I think maybe more user-friendly interfaces might take too much space on the servers for such an enormous forum.

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    9 years ago

'Thats (sic) an actual forum and looks like all other forums online. By definition.....'

That's patently untrue - I frequent a number of forums and this one ain't half-bad, particularly since it's free.

You have expressed similar thoughts about what this forum should be before.

Maybe you'd be happier elsewhere.

• 0nametaken0
    9 years ago

kwie2011, yes, it is what ever the owner/s want. I mean, I would atleast like to have a quote feature, attach image feature and Ive been told that [img] feature will be implemented soon, if memory serves me right. It is what it is I guess.

cactusmcharris it might not be bad but its the least user friendly forum Ive been to. Ive been foruming for over 7 years atleast and Im kind of surprised to find one like this at this day and age. Im not going to just quit due to outdated design/features.

Its also too bad the succulent and cacti crowed isnt big, I see alot of forums but majority are either dead or have only a few people on.

• marguerite_gw Zone 9a
    9 years ago

Maybe this forum might not seem user-friendly to some, but all I care about is that the users are friendly, and answer queries and admire people's plants - I am a long-time fan of Garden Web and in particular of Cacti & Succulents and House Plants and love coming here - we have no website like this in Ireland, old-fashioned though you might think it, and I always look forward to coming here when I get the chance. And if it hadn't been for GW we wouldn't have found our heirloom busy lizzie, which we did thanks to Flora from the UK. Plus I learned about hoyas here, and ceropegias, and sought them out. Three boxes of baby astrophytums testify to my discovery of cacti on this very forum. Thanks, all !

• kwie2011
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Probably nobody will read this, and I don't remember where I was when a little note and arrow pointed to "CLIPPINGS" in the upper right-hand corner and said, "See how to use Clippings to keep track of all your posts." It's probably a good idea if you post a lot, and want to check your older posts. That way you don't have to sift through dozens and dozens of your newer posts looking for a specific older post.

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz