Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Last succulent ID

Posted by kwie2011 8a w. OR (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 3, 14 at 23:24

Last succulent ID (until I lose my mind and buy something else I don't need).

I think it's an Aeonium. Do I at least have the genus right? It's only about 1.5 inches across. I'd like to know if it's going to be one of the giants.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Last succulent ID

Aeonium something or other... hard to tell when so out of focus

o

What a lovely plant !

o

Lzrddr, I'll get a better photo for you. What specifically do you need to see clearly to ID it? Is there. some detail I should photograph?

Margeurite, thank you. I got lucky. It was the only one like it in the shop.

o

Here's a clearer photo

o

And a side view in case that helps.

o

Thanks for the better pix. At this stage, it'll be hard to pin down an ID. It looks like Aeonium 'Zwartkin' or 'Garnet' to me, but I have never seen them for sale, so it could be one of a dozen others. You may have to wait for it to grow, to see its habit (whether single stem or branching, size of rosette & even, it's bloom panicle-shape, size & bloom color). No matter what, it's a cute one right now! =)

o

Thank you, Rose. It is a cute little guy right now, isn't it? I couldn't resist for $1.50! I'm curious to see if it's going to be one of the monster sized Aeoniums I've seen. I didn't want a big plant initially, but now I'm kind of hoping for one.

Thanks for your help, and for another brief lesson in growing succulents!

o

It's fun to look forward to our plants' growth. Happy to help! :)

Just to clarify, my name is Rosemarie. "Rose" is someone else! :D

Post more pix as it grows! =)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here