Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hijole

A Little Snow left on my front yard:

hijole
9 years ago

So here is a snow flake for southern California, not the same snow as some of my friends on the garden web but never the less it is a snow flake.

Seems to be a very slow grower for me, I fertilize, water and it moves about a 1/4 in. A year. Any suggestions to help it take off to get more snow. I know I sound like I'm kidding but about the growth I'm serious.

Thanks Greg

Comments (9)

• ltecato
    9 years ago

It looks great as is. Superthrive might give it a boost, but that kind of euphorbia can get sick and turn to mush nearly overnight with too much water, so keep it on the dry side. In fact, I've all but given up on growing those because I keep killing them, so you must be doing something right. Be careful about changing too much, because it seems to be doing pretty well.

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Why thanks Itecato, I don't believe I've seen your handle before but it's great to hear from you, I appreciate your suggestion and I will try super booster which I've never used before. I usually use miracle grow but with a name like that I'll give it a try.
    One thing I don't do but I thank you for mentioning it, is too much water, I have learned that lesson too.

Thanks again, Greg

• kathi_mdgd
    9 years ago

Looks good to me Greg!! Kind of threw me for a loop when i saw the title,i'm thinking,snow,i'm sweating my arse off down here!!! LOL

I've never seen that plant,but i like it,and it seems to be doing well from what i can tell.Then again all your plants do well,imho.tfs
    Kathi

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

Absolutely BEAUTIMUS!!! I LOVE ALL your plants Greg!!! :)

• brodyjames_gw
    9 years ago

Greg,

THAT is some snow that I don't mind having! :)

Nancy

• notolover
    9 years ago

Love your "snow". It looks beautiful, maybe its happy with itself and doesn't feel the need to get any bigger.

I've used Superthrive before to get things moving on some of my Echinopsis. I found that it works sometimes.

I'm just about winding down on new growth up here. I'm worried that we're going to get an early frost this year since our summer has been really strange.

• meyermike_1micha
    9 years ago

That kind of snow is beautiful this time of the year or any time for that matter...

The kind I hate to hear of about now is the kind I'll post you in a week or two if this unuslal weather keeps up..

Beautiful plant Greg.

MIke

• hijole
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone,
    Kathy, Your in the San Diego area aren't you? If so I thought you were closer to the ocean with a nice ocean breeze.. I can't image you've never seen this species before, it is doing ok, I just wished it would grow faster.

Nancy, the good thing about this snow is that the full Sun had no ill effects on it.

Notolover,I think it is happy with the location it's planted in too, superthrive might be my next try , I'm always ready to try something new, and I sure hope your next winter has a heart for all the cacti & succulent lovers.

Mike,
    I sure hope your winter is not as bad as expected, the weather man in our area always exaggerates on the bad side and after the storm it's like, that wasn't that bad after all.. they can really paint a bad picture.

Greg

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

Amazing Greg beyound words. I find it alot easier to melt an adenium than "snow"