Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unid and ID Aloe flowering for the first time

Posted by cactusmcharris 4 / Interior BC (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 12 at 0:04

Aloe vera flowering, apparently it can flower any time of the year . I need some hummers!

Photobucket

An unid one alsl flowering for the first time - flower pictures will be forthcoming.

Photobucket

A threat to lawnmowers everywhere, so I had to perform some total annihilation, not happy but practically

Photobucket

And ending all messages with a catpile can make furry-faced folk intolerably cute.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unid and ID Aloe flowering for the first time

Jeff: I love the coloring on your NOID aloe. And the nest - wasps? That's too bad you had to destroy them. I'm not a huge fan of wasps myself (I much prefer bees), but I hate having to kill them off. A very lovely hive. I know humans who aren't half as egrerious.

*CG*

o

Jeff,
Goodness, that's quite a (wasp?) nest! I love your aloe vera, despite one of the more "common" varieties (all I have is "common," so there's nothing wrong with that), it's still lovely to see in bloom (or in your case, budding). I might just have to kittnap your kitties. My dog would love having them around... she thinks she's a cat. :D

Planto

o

Nice kitties. Nice to have them walking around all the time.
And, while talking about kitties and aloes, sometimes having cats around can be bad. I have 16 cats (yeah, i know thats alot) and they just LOVE to kill anything flying around. They've caught several dozen june bugs (my favorite) and even KILLED two humming birds. I was devastated! I buried them both by their favorite aloe though.

o

Beautiful purple hues in that second Aloe. And the perfect catpile.

o

Fantastic paperwasp nest! Unfortunate but understandable that you had to wipe them out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here