Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crdahlia

Succulent nurseries-OR and WA

crdahlia
15 years ago

I'm looking for nurseries that either specialize in succulents, or have a good succulent selection in Oregon or Washington. Thanks for any help.

Teresa

Comments (14)

• curiouscomputer
    15 years ago

Where abouts do you live?

I am in the seattle area, and alot of the nurseries here carry succulents from a guy named Fleetfoot & Foulweather. He is out of oregon somewhere. They get shipments from him a few times a year.

In the seattle area, you can try Molbaks or Sky Nursery.

• mingtea
    15 years ago

Don't know about WA, but for OR:
    1. Portland Nusery, the branch near 82nd and Divison has a large succulent room. they carry a lot of plant from a fellow who goes by the name of Fleetfoot & Foulweather--he has very healthy, unusual C&S occasionally.
    2. Yaquina Nursery (there are two in Newport) specializes in C&S (they are geared towards wholesale, but will accomodate visitors). send me a message and i'll pass their phone # to you.
    3. If you're in the Corvallis area, try Garland's (retail nursery off of hwy 20 that also has Fleetwood & Foulweather plants) and Ginhardt's, a very nice and modestly priced mom and pop place (8 miles down Peoria rd. off of hwy 34).
    4. back up in PDX on Sauvie Island, Cistus design is a good place to exercise your "zonal denial." they're small but have interesting stuff. it's a bit of a drive if you don't have anything else to do on the island.
    5. Kara nursery is relatively new. they were just getting started when i left OR a few years ago. Here is their website: http://www.karacactus.com/

• curiouscomputer
    15 years ago

mingtea,
    i was in portland last weekend and went to portland nursery as you also mentioned in a previous post of mine. Thanks a bunch for the suggestion. it was a good visit. seattle area nurseries also carry F&F stuff, but a good trip nonetheless. i got 1 lithops :)

then 3 days later i find more lithops (they aren't common in seattle) at trader joe's of all places! had to liberate them from the cruddy shipper's glue/rock coating, but now they are happier :)

-curiouscomputer

• caro1678
    14 years ago

Thanks for the great tips!

I live in the Seattle area and was just at a cacti/succulent sale yesterday and purchased two Fleetwood & Foulweather succulents (which are awesome). I was told that they are in Oregon, and would love to visit their shop when I travel there next week but am having difficulty finding their location. Any idea where they are?

Thanks!

• crdahlia
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Fleetwood and Foulweather primarily sells wholesale, and I don't believe they have a retail store. Was it a society plant sale you were at? There is an upcoming Oregon Cactus & Succulent Society sale coming up. It will be July 17, 18 & 19 at Portland Nursery on S.E. Stark St. If you do locate a Fleetwood & Foulweather store, please let me know.

Teresa

• curiouscomputer
    14 years ago

There is no F&F retail store. The owner does wholesale only. If you live in Seattle, and are interested in C&S, join the local club. I did in November. It has been awesome. Last month we actually took a "field trip" to F&F, I met the owner for the first time, gawked at all his plants, and bought a few too.

The Seattle area plant nurseries all usually just carry F&F stuff. There is no other readily available source. Besides the internets :)

-curiouscomputer

PS: here is a link for the club: http://www.cascadecss.org/

Here is a link that might be useful: Cascade Cactus & Succulent society

• karakat
    14 years ago

One additional note. The Oregon Cactus & Succulent Society is meeting at our place this coming Sunday, June 28, at 4:30 pm. It will be a potluck with a program on Haworthias. Two members of the society have succulent nurseries in the Portland area. The address is 7009 N. Fiske Ave. in Portland, but please call 503-913-7123 if you plan on attending.

• cfarris72
    9 years ago

My dad has been collecting cactus and succulents for over 40 years. He is ready to part with his huge collection.Hundreds of plants.All sizes. Some very large. Some rare. Located in Molalla, Oregon, about 30 miles or so south of Portland. Please email me if you would be interested. The more you buy the better the prices. Cfarris72@gmail.com

• ealdwood (10a)
    9 years ago

Wowwwwwww....

I'm not anywhere near but that's amazing that he's opening up his private collection. Looks awesome! Have fun everyone!

• ChasingCenturies (Arizona 9b)
    9 years ago

Cistus Nursery. Check the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cistus Nursery

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    9 years ago

German,

Thanks - that place is going to cost me a lot of money with all of their cold-hardy Opuntias and Yuccas, never mind some of those Agave cultivars and species.

This post was edited by cactusmcharris on Tue, Dec 30, 14 at 23:45

• ChasingCenturies (Arizona 9b)
    9 years ago

Standup outfit. Have at 'em.

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

OMG, I was discussing this nursery with my wife, with wonder in my voice, what a collection of hundreds of different Semps would look like, and you're reporting hundreds and hundreds? Wow, already planning on stopping here during our next trip to Oregon, whenever that may be. Good golly, Miss Molly, the Sedums! I'm already anticipating an initial budget of XXX dollars, but it might change to YYY dollars when I get there. Thank you for the recommendation, HU-...445!