Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
notolover

Mexican Hat Nursery, Riverside, CA

notolover
11 years ago

Hello,

Just thought I would let you know about my visit to this nursery. Harvey is the owner and lover of succulents. There is an amazing variety of plants there. Harvey has years of experience and is very generous with his advice.

My main goal was to buy some Echinopsis hybrids and I was not disappointed in the amount available for sale. I only had room about as big as a shoe box in the car so I couldn't go crazy.

The plants were on the ground so it was hard for me to read the labels and very few were flowering so hopefully I made some good selections. They all look fat and happy and are enjoying their view of Mission Beach before we head home.

There is a section with show plants; it looked like there were some beauties there-I should have taken a picture of them. They were too large for me to even consider so I moved on. It was hot and I knew I didn't have much room so I didn't look through all the shade houses or outside plants.

Harvey suggested that I come back in April when most of the Echinopsis are blooming. I can't do it in 2013, but I'm actually considering it the year after.

You have to call or email before you go to make sure they are open. There is no mail order.

Comments (3)