Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy Christmas Cactus On-line

Posted by sandylovesflowers 5- SEWI (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 14, 06 at 11:45

Hi - Can anyone suggest a few places that I could check out, to purchase a few Christmas ("Holiday") Cactus - on-line? I am particularly interested in the Yellow cactus.....

Thanks,

Sandy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy Christmas Cactus On-line

I wouldn't bother online w this, just wait 'til the Holidays when many supermarkets (& I'd imagine box stores, you know, HD, Lowes & the like) will have loads of them, tho' you may have to look at a few to find the yellow.

o

try www.directgardening.com

o

Pirate Girl is right they'll be everywhere in a month. But for a huge selection and top quality try whittongreenhouses.com.

o

Hi - thanks for the response!

pirate girl - I usually do wait for them to start showing up in the stores around here, but am looking for something a little "different". I think that most stores usually offer the "basics" every year.

shauntavia - I checked the directgardening.com website and was impressed - - they offer the Yellow that I was looking for. However, I also checked garden watchdog to get some info on them and have found mostly negative responses about them. Have you ever ordered from them?

fred grow - whittongreenhouses.com looks promising..... They may be one of the sites I remember visiting last year.

Thanks Everyone!

Sandy

o

pirate girl---i ordered from them last year and am about to order from them again. i was satisfied with all my plants---i ordered about six

o

Actually its not yellow, but a lemon-lime color, more of a green. I have it, plus the white, red, pink, tangerine, and the variegated plant which I think has reddish flowers maybe?

o

shauntavia-Who did you order from? I wasn't clear on that. Was it whittongreenhouses.com?

Thanks,

Sandy

o

Hi Everyone,

If you're looking for cactus online, try Interior Foliage. We're a local, family-owned nyc greenhouse, with daily delivery to all five boroughs.

If it's a question about the right plant for your apartment, feel free to give us a call, too. We offer free, expert advice all the time.

Please feel free to visit our site: www.interiorfoliage.com

Best Regards,
Matthew S.
Manager, Interior Foliage Design
matthew (at) interiorfoliage (dot) com

Here is a link that might be useful: Send Cacti, Indoor Plants, and Orchids from a local New York greenhouse: interiorfoliage.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here